Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

It's the first time I've ever driven a Jeep.
I am as new as anybody could get to the whole off-roading scene.

I took my Jeep to Hollister hills and attempted my first ever trail. I have not followed any real tutorials. I've just relied on my driving instincts.

While I was going through the rocks though, I noticed that my Jeep landed on some rocks and "thudded" thrice. I could feel the rocks hit the underneath of the Jeep.

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B79h17fXkv8

The "thudding" happens towards the end.

Am I doing something wrong? Also I am worried about the damage underneath as I don't know what it hit. Paranoid much?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hitting things on the bottom of your jeep is very common depending on the type of trails you do. At times it is completely unavoidable. Just do a check underneath and you can usually see what you hit. I wouldn't sweat it unless you notice any leaking or a difference in driving characteristics when you get back to pavement. At times I will purposely put my jeep on its sliders to maneuver around/over rocks.

And the video says "video is private" so I can't really comment on that.
Happy Jeeping!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Can't see the video too, but unless something is leaking or you got a vibration from the Jeep, you should be fine. Hitting the underside of the Jeep is very common. Invest in some skid plates, worth every $ you pay for them.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts