Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter graduated college and is moving to Hawaii. Wondering what to do with her Jeep as she'll be living and working there for a few years.

Have both hard top and soft top, 52k miles and never been off road (a few gravel trails).
Automatic, AC and super clean.

Any idea on pricing?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tell us more about the mechanical and cosmetic condition. Do you have any pictures of the engine bay, frame, and underbody (take good ones now and you can use them for your ad!)? Any mods? Clean her up and remove the stickers, a nice wash and detailing with high quality pictures will instantly raise the value. If a $150 top notch detailing job sounds like too much $$$, remember that it's an investment with very fast return because you'll bring in ~$1000 more than if you leave it as-is.

Assuming good condition all around, with mileage that low I would start at $16,500 FIRM and not drop below $15,000. The hardtop is a nice touch. A dealer could sell that for $16,000 easy, and so could you because a buyer typically prefers the honest private sale over a "what's this dealer hiding?" situation.

For reference, I sold my 2005 Wrangler X 18 months ago for $16,000 cash. It was mostly stock, a minor lift and 31" tires with upgraded radio, tow hitch, cruise added, and silver paint with black decals. It had 45,000 miles on the odo, 5 owners, 2 minor accidents. My advice is to be upfront and provide full disclosure of any issues before anyone even comes to drive it. It looks like a solid Jeep that was not abused.

EDIT: Sorry it took so long for you to get an answer. Come on guys, 350+ views and not one reply in a week's time!! The guy even figured out how to post pics lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply and great advice!! Much appreciated!!
I didn't think about the professional detailing or removing the stickers but will definitely follow that advice. I'll post a complete set of pics after that is done and looks like we'll be selling it in August.

We are the 3rd owners, no accidents or off road use. Figured I'd sell it with the soft top and the hard top would be an option if they buyer wanted it. There's a strong demand for them so it's no problem selling it by itself. Found out when we bought it that it was the last year they came with the good 6 cyl. engine that seems to be in high demand.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thank you for the reply and great advice!! Much appreciated!!
I didn't think about the professional detailing or removing the stickers but will definitely follow that advice. I'll post a complete set of pics after that is done and looks like we'll be selling it in August.

We are the 3rd owners, no accidents or off road use. Figured I'd sell it with the soft top and the hard top would be an option if they buyer wanted it. There's a strong demand for them so it's no problem selling it by itself. Found out when we bought it that it was the last year they came with the good 6 cyl. engine that seems to be in high demand.
Looks like someone resurrected the thread. :)

Did you end up taking more pics? The last post has a good point, she'll love and appreciate that Jeep a ton if you save it for her! Either way, someone will like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts