Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Unlimited Sport. No mods

I've started to notice a vibration at very low RPM's. Proly between 1000 and 1300 RPM's this accurs. Can feel it when going about 40-45 MPH and when it kicks into over drive, the rpm's drop to around 1200 and i feel the vibration. You can also feel it when taking off from a standstill, but only if you press on the gas slowly.

No leaks or anything comming from anywhere.

This is my first wrangler. Is this just apart of the growing process of the jeep? Getting all it's creeks and crackles out. I'm only around 700 miles.

Or is this something I should take in and have looked at?

Thanks for any help gents, and ladies

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: There's a possibility it could be torque converter
"shudder", or (TCS)

It happens now and then, when the world famous auto is looking for the "right" gear to shift to--

Mine is over two years old, well modified and I've only have the TCS once and that was my fault, but there are no other vibrations/shakes/shudders/noises-except my exhaust --

Check your manual and go thru the shifting routine, then check the fluid level in your tranny, if everything is AOK, give it a couple thousand miles to breakin-

If the vibration continues as is--"BINGO" DEALER TIME !!

Goood luck

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
are you talking about a vibration like a pedal shimmy when taking off from a start? My manual tranny 2010 JK does this sometimes and I took it to the dealer fearing it was clutch related and they all said they felt the small vibration a few times but that it was normal and nothing they would recommend trying to fix.

Is this what your talking about?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I've been having TC shudder on and off, stock and modified for nearly a year now.

No issues have come of it yet, except it's a bit annoying.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not realy a pedal shake. I feel it everywhere. But its slight. Ill give it till after winter. If its still there I am gonna take it in. Its not affecting power or drivability at all. Jus something different and a little annoying. Not as annoying as these hids I jus bought. Bought a hi/low kit from hidnation.com. the output on the low sux balls and a part of the hid set up clicks like a damn time bomb. I think its a bad relay or something. But the lights are perfect.

Ok. I'm done ranting

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Sometimes the fuel tank heat shield touches the frame and causes a vibration. It's soft aluminum and bends easily. The edges are real sharp if you decide to put your hand in there to check.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update, hopefully this will help out others as well. Took it to my dealer this morning, talked to the tranny guy there, who has been a tranny expert for 20 plus years. basically he said the torque converter isn't broken in yet. He also said something about the TC "slipping the clutch", and that is why i am feelin the vibration. So he said give it till 3000 miles when my first maintence is up and if it's still there he'll tear it apart and look at it. But he said if he got the work ticket, he wouldn't even have looked at it. So it was nice that he took a drive w/ me and explained it.

Hope this helps anyone else

·
Registered
1 Posts
vibration

did the vibration ever go away - i have a new 2013 unlimited and have what seemd to be the same issue - also have a 2011 wrangler 2 dor and dont feel it. have had both since new the 2 dor has 10K the 4door 200 miles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts