Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clips I'm talking about mount the fender flare to the metal of the fender. I recently knocked one off and one came loose and need to replace those clips. I've looked on eBay and other sites but I am unable to find them out there for a reasonable price. Can anybody point me in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Did you try clipsandfastners.com

Home > Clips > Clips, Moulding >

Jeep Fender Flare & Rocker Moulding Clip 68039280-AA.

If these are what you are looking for, they also have the plastic rivets to attaché the fender liner to the fender.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you try clipsandfastners.com Home > Clips > Clips, Moulding > Jeep Fender Flare & Rocker Moulding Clip 68039280-AA. If these are what you are looking for, they also have the plastic rivets to attaché the fender liner to the fender.
I've started to find them.... Damn sure ain't cheap. Thought of using screws and washers... Down side is no play movement for metal! The way they got them right now at least they can come off and get put back on without having to do anybody work!

I'm also painting the inside fender areas black with the type of bedliner some sort so I won't need inserts anyways

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
What you're finding on the net is a heck of a lot cheaper than what the dealer is going to charge for them. The other thing to keep in mind is these fasteners are made to breakaway so you limit the damage to the fenders. If you use screws and washers, I would expect that you'll end up replacing the entire fender vs a few clips. But that's your choice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dealer wanted $5 a piece for them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Look at the auveco #20887. It's made for the liberty but it's identical to the mopar 68039280AA except they're gray and cost 59 cents and not $5 each

·
Registered
783 Posts
Most Auto Parts have the Body Parts hardware. NAPA might. I was at a large Hardware STore where I live yesterday and spotted all kinds of Body Parts Hardware. You will usually find this stuff where the Nuts and Bolts Bins are located. If you know what I'm talking about??

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
I found them at Ace hardware after I broke one. I think it was .99..

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
HUGE, if true.

Was it pretty much the same clip? I really need some today and would hate to pay $5 at the dealership. I need go to to ACE to try to find these.

Don't know if they still have them. My Ace has a section with car fasteners in it. I've grabbed several kinds from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anyone know where to get replacements for the clips at the very front of the fender flare? There is only one on each side and it's larger than the rest of the clips and it's round, not rectangular? 2015 JKU

1 - 18 of 18 Posts