Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched through the forums and didn't find all that much info...

Just bought a '13 JKU and am looking for a product to keep the fender flares/bumpers in good condition. Any advice on what products to use would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mr Clean Majic Eraser suppose to work good.
I got some at Walmart but haven't used them yet.
I did try Back To Black but after it rained it left a white calky
streaks. Last time I tried this and it working great so far.
Turtle Wax Premium Grade Trim Restorer

Premium Grade Trim Restorer - Turtle Wax

Rob .....

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Aerospace 303?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Careful with the magic eraser...I used it on my wife's van and where it hit the paint it left some obvious marks, like it went through the clear coat. Just be careful. I don't know what is in those things, but I will not let them near my new Wranger!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Careful with the magic eraser...I used it on my wife's van and where it hit the paint it left some obvious marks, like it went through the clear coat. Just be careful. I don't know what is in those things, but I will not let them near my new Wranger!
Nothing in them... they are just abrasive, you can probably get some polishing compound and polish the clear coat again with a orbital buffer, depending on how far you went into it..

·
Registered
970 Posts
303 and Vinylex by Lexol seem to be the two most popular. I haven't tried the 303 yet, but I love the Vinylex. It's good for all rubber and plastic trim!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Peanut cooking oil. :)
Aren't you afraid of getting sued because you drove by
someone walking along that is allergic to peanuts :rofl:
Rob .....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lots of good stuff to try...

I got some Mother's Back to Black today. Before I try it out, any thoughts on that stuff?

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Since it's new you should look at Uv protectants, once it getys worn in and starts to fade then you can try Forever Black. I put this stuff on my TJ's fenders 2 years ago and it just started to show wear/fade this year. It goes on like edge dressing btw.

Products - Forever Black Car Care Products

·
Registered
806 Posts
Lots of good stuff to try...

I got some Mother's Back to Black today. Before I try it out, any thoughts on that stuff?
Bring it back and get your money back !
I tried it and I didn't like the out come.
Didn't last and rain made a chalky run thru it.
Rob .....

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
IDK the difference but used Back to Black for years on the TJ....maybe it has to do with the size of the flares/ fenders.....on the the wife's JK I use turtle wax ICE it lasts well and than don't need to worry about having something else for the rest of the Jeep

1 - 20 of 31 Posts