Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I am completely new to jeep nation with a Gecko Green 2012 Sahara Unlimited. This beast came on 35's and a bunch of other goodies. The issue I have is that living in Massachusetts( The no fun state) The tires extend out past the fenders enough to make getting an inspection a hassle.

I know about the 4x4 exception, but after 4 places turned me down for an inspection sticker I don't want to deal with this next year or have issues with an overzealous cop. So my question is....

Do they make fender extensions for a Sahara? All the fender flares I have found seem to simply replace the stock fender. I did find these

https://www.moderngenauto.com/2007-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JK-Tactical-Fender-Flares-_p_24183.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA89zvBRDoARIsAOIePbBKBeisYhsl8ziOIkcnORDyjyj_0kaASPohy6DL0_lDBvA576bBBnEaAjyfEALw_wcB

That appear to essentially extend the lip. Are there other choices I need another 2 inches of width or so....

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think before I spent 200 dollars on flare extensions I would just borrow a set of narrower tires from someone, then put my tires back on after I get the sticker. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Here's an idea

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly in Mass they take photos of the car as it's inspected and upload them to the state police. So if you swap wheels back and get pulled over it won't help.

·
Super Moderator
6,783 Posts
I know of one brand of flat fender / tube fender that offers a wider than stock fender, Warrior Products. We have them and they are noticably wider than stock. Another option if you have the JK and not a JKU is the Mopar High Top fenders, they are bother higher and wider than stock.
I don't know of any fender extensions you can add to the stock fenders. They may exist, but I don't know about them.
It seems like either wheels with a little more backspacing, or less wheel spacer, or a narrower tire, would be an option. You can get 35" tires that are roughly 10.5" wide vs the typical 12.5" width.

·
Retired Moderator
100,572 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Borrow wheels and tires from a buddy for inspection purposes or bite the bullet for a set of winter wheels /tires with the proper offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts