Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what fender flares to put on. I've got a 2000 TJ with a 4" lift. I run 31x10.50s. I don't want the tires to be swimming under the flares so I've been looking at the Xenon 4" flats. Anybody have experience with those, or have other suggestions? I run the smaller tires because I've got the 2.5l so jumping to 33s isn't really an option, and that makes the smaller flare so appealing. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2 cents is don't worry AT ALL. I run 31's on a 2 inch lift and have a decent amount of flex room. A 4 inch lift you could comfortably put 33's under.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I put the Xenon Flares on the G/F stock TJ for a little more clearance and because the OEM flares were failing. My biggest complaint is the side marker light (if that even matters to you). It's kind a cheap light, I bought a LED side marker light from autozone and used a belt sander to shape the light to fit/bolt onto the flare then siliconeed the opening with Black Silicone. The Bushwackers are nice (a bit more expensive) paintable (not easily). Sadly Bushwackers only sell full sets so if you damage one you have to buy a full set. That's not a good thing in my opinion.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think flat flares might make those 31s look pretty small. I have pocket style flares on my tj with 31s and a BB and I like the way they look. I would have preferred the Xeons but the daughter didn't like the look. I certainly wouldn't pay twice as much for the Bushwackers, mine are an off brand, I think they were $200

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got sick of my tires (31x10.5) sticking so far out past the stock flares on my '05 so I recently opted for the Rugged Ridge 7" flares and love them!

I would put a before and after photo up but can't figure out how to post pics that aren't burried in HTML code on some random page

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had the 7" Rugged Ridge on the TJ when I purchased it (it had 33x12.5s) when I switched to the 31s I thought those flares looked WAY too big (and my rims have a lot of offset) I think 4" of flare is plenty

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I ended up going with the 4 3/4" pocketed Bushwackers. I am not disappointed.

image-2841213841.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts