Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 90 wrangler with 33x12.5, 4.5 inch lift. the old finders were old and busted.
what should i go with now?
i am leaning toward about a 2in flare, but not sure.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Scout says "TUBES"

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Tube Fenders.

PSC said:
Jeep fenders are one of the most vulnerable body components on a Jeep. They are commonly damaged by tires rubbing, rock impacts and sliding into tree's. Poison Spyder Tube Fenders give you the confidence to lock in the 4wd and avoid a crushed fender calamity.

~Lev

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
pls let me ask one question here.
which brand of normal (non-tube) fenders is good and doesn´t brake as easy as the bushwacker fenders?

if the cops here in germany would see me with some tube fenders they would shoot at me immediately...stupid german laws...

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I thought bushwacker flares were some of the best?

~Lev

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I thought bushwacker flares were some of the best?

~Lev
most jeepers i know call them buckcrackers because they brake on little contact and are not flexible.
they all had the bushwacker pocket style flares.

the bestop flares seem to be better and muchmore flexible, but they don´t look good in my opinion.

·
6,177 Posts
lets pretend i dont know who scout is, and what is "tubes", it would help if you spoke in complete sentences
Sorry man, I forgot you were a newbie.

I also thought anyone who had spent more than 10 minutes on the forum had seen pictures of Simple Scout's jeep with tube fenders sitting in his kitchen. :eek:

There are hundreds of those pictures out there!!!

It's an inside joke around here.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Man thats got the rear tube flares also, thats pretty nice.

~Lev

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
A welder, a conduit bender and a metal yard can make what ever you need.

BTW, it's incredibly difficult to concentrate on what you write with that siggy pic, it's like there's something there I just can't put my finger on.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
tires must be 100% covered by the flares. and i don´t know a tube fender that would do that
Me neither after all i roll on my wheels not my flares :D :flipoff:

by covered i'm guessing your'e talking just flares have to be wide enough right?

Xenon flat fender style flares are pretty cool too.. they have the tube fender style..

·
6,177 Posts
You drinkin tonight?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would go with a set of TJ flares.. gives you more clearance for tires and they look factory. Although you do have to cut up some sheet metal make them fit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts