Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I painted my frender flares today bein a little spectical of how they would come out i did a little experiment with an old flare from another car I had laying around I cleaned it and sprayed it with a couple name brand paints and finishes and the best one was by far Krylon Fusion with the satin finish .... they look brand new and its not to shinny and not too flat

this is a pic of what mine use to look like

I will take/post a better pic of the paint after it dryed tomarrow ...by the time I was done it was too dark and the pic came out really bad

·
Registered
16 Posts
looking forward to the after pics

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After pics

Heres some pics this morning befor I started to put on my new lift kit

This is the satin finish

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks AMAZING!. Can you tell me the steps you took on doing that, I'm picking up my first jeep ive ever owned tomorrow. Its silver with black flares and im sure their faded. Id like them to look just like yours. Any tips are much appreciated

·
Registered
169 Posts
X2 on the write up. My 01 is solar yellow w/ black flares that are faded like heck.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont have any pics from when I did it but ill see what I can do

Ill post it in a little bit

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice, they look better than new.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought a 1999 Wrangler today and the first thing I am going to do is paint those faded flares. Thanks to this great site I know what to use.

·
Registered
37 Posts
looks 200% better... this was the first thing I did to my jeep when I bought it...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
sweet i did the same thing.

the best way to do it is take the time and remove the flares. i did one a day after work.

they are a pain in the neck to get off and on but its worth it.

i found using a wratcheting wrench works the best. just clean the fenders with soap and water and wipe them down with a solvent so theres no oil or residue on them. krylon Fusion satin black is the stuff to get. do multiple light coats to prevent orange peel and runs. the front fenders come on and off pretty easy. when i had mine off i washed and waxed behind them before re installing the flares. now he rear fenders you need to drop down the inner fender liner to get the rear fenders off. most of the inner liner is held on by push tabs you need to pretty muh rip out. you can get replacements or try to re-use the old ones.

take your time do one at a time for best results.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha tnx but does everyone realize this is an old thread?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts