Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
That is my next project. Did you take them off? I am considering leaving them on and squeezing a sheet of paper behind them....taping/covering upper fenders as much as possible and covering the tire area (I'm scared of overspray and where it may go). Wondering how you did it....and if overspray is an issue

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill post pics tomorrow got dark before i thought of taking some. The way i did it was put index cards between flare n metal and then used tape and new paper over anything remotly close to were i was painting. I had zero iver spray prolly bc i deft over did the tape n paper but etter safe then sorry, it was realy easy and turned out good. Let me no if u need anymore pointers!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, yes its crazy i spent 22$ for a few rattle cans n some tape and it gave my hole jeep a face lift!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah ive been wanting to do it for awhile n finally did it, today gunna paint my headlight bezels bc i have chrome. And maybe find something else to do to tge jeep

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Looks great! now you'll have to do the hood latches, wiper arms, Plate holder, Door/tailgate handles so they match. It'll look like a new jeep.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TJNewbie said:
Looks great! now you'll have to do the hood latches, wiper arms, Plate holder, Door/tailgate handles so they match. It'll look like a new jeep.
Yeah i just have soft doors but the rest of that stuff is getting painted soon

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
aocabrown said:
Quick question....did you sand or otherwise prepare the flares before painting? I'm ready to do this....just want to do it right.
Nope it says right on the can if u use krylon fusion no sanding or prep, i did clean then with some windex but that was it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts