Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Metalcloak makes one similar to that but metal screw on. There is one like that one in the picture, trying to remember the name

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
If you look at the page they sale just the inner 3" inner rocker flare set without the outer flares

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rics1997 said:
If you look at the page they sale just the inner 3" inner rocker flare set without the outer flares
Ohkay. I was kinda just wondering if anyone made some like that, basically something to just cover the snap holes after removal of stock

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
They are great for slow crawling while disconnected and look good too. The only bad thing about this is once you speed up, any small rocks will pelt the side of your Jeep. There will be nothing behind the wheel to stop objects being tossed up on the door panel and quarter panels, And the dust thrown up will make it hard to keep your Jeep clean. The main reason they have attached outer fenders for this setup.

I have looked at this set before. My only concern is after you add the outer flares back on is how well they hold up over time, They use rubber clips to attach. Just questioned if over time these clips can break off the fender or just stretch and cause the fenders to flap at high speeds. The main reason I haven't bought them myself.

One of the reasons I looked at the MetalCloak set. The only down side to that set is they are really expensive and don't really like the rear setup with the armor running up the bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts