Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running 33x12.50x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrain tires, I measured from the body to the outside of the tread, I would need 7" flares to cover them.Does this sound right?If not, where do I look to get started, why wheels & tires stick out this much.:wavey: Guys is this another one of this newbees "DUH" questions:doh:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sounds right to me. I have 6" flares and my tires are out about 1 inch past the flare. We don't worry about that in Oklahoma though. There may be a law about it, but I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a YJ with 33's and I had 7" flares on it and though it did fully cover the tires I didn't think it looked to great, so I put the factory ones back on till I get 6" flares. Look on google of pictures of 7" flares to see if you like them or not

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

·
Registered
704 Posts
I agree with Brammsr, I had my 6" flares with 31's and it didn't look right either.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for replys I refuse to cut little red to make it cover, do the 6" flares need you to cut the body as well /I didn't mention 2" body & 4" suspension.

·
Registered
192 Posts
screw it if it rains the day after wash the mud throw off, i have 35x12.50 and im about to install the poison spyder defenders with 3" flare, personally i hate the look of the beefy flares sticking out, one thing i do plan on doing tho is buying two beat up yf fenders and putting them on there to cut for the defenders so i can keep my painted fenders for a just in case.

·
Registered
42 Posts
no cut...

Thank you for replys I refuse to cut little red to make it cover, do the 6" flares need you to cut the body as well /I didn't mention 2" body & 4" suspension.
We got 6' flares from Quadratec...

hardest part was taking off the stock ones...

Work great and no cutting...

Nike

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Nike Holley, thats the part of the question I needed most, wont cut Little Red, the plant pots can blink all they want.We have a few over achievers here at local PD.They just dont understand its a "jeep thing".Thanks to all for your replys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.