Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 6" pocket flares on my Jeep. One of them has a crack in the outer edge that doesn't really bother me until it does.

They look exactly like the ones from Rugged Ridge in the link below. I contacted Rugged Ridge (Omix Ada) and asked if there were any identification marks so I could confirm the brand. They replied that there should be a mark, but removal would be required to find it.

I finally got the chance this morning to remove the broken flare, and there are no markings. Also, it's even more broken than I thought. One of the pockets is broken out. But it's not easily noticeable... because I didn't notice it.

The question is, does anyone know of any other brands that had the pocket style flares? Or who would have owned the molds before RR or OA?

I should probably go ahead and replace the whole set, but Christmas Jeep parts were bought before adding these to the list, and I need shocks.

So far, Amazon has the lowest price I've seen for these.

https://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge...t=&hvlocphy=9012531&hvtargid=pla-568652590680

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I need some of the rubber U channel between the flare and fender if anyone has a source.

·
Super Moderator
12,691 Posts
Also, I need some of the rubber U channel between the flare and fender if anyone has a source.
B-D Company in Denver. They have an online catalog.
Search their site for "Body Side Moldings" and then "Door Edge Moldings".
They also sell Bestop tops and some Jeep top repair parts.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: rushwal

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Put it back on and wait a month or two... then buy a full set of whatever flares you like best.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the part number and was able to confirm they are the Rugged Ridge (Omix) flares.

I think I'll wait a while and order a new set. See what Santa brings... today!

Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Super Moderator
12,691 Posts
I wonder why the EAG flares are held on with Vise Grips... :bop:
You're not supposed to notice that.

"The camera shows all".....A quote from a photographer friend.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: rushwal
1 - 8 of 8 Posts