Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
They are pretty useless with big wide tires. Look into tube fenders no flares anymore. There a couple build threads to look at and fab your own or buy some.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hey tigerblood, finally got them on, huh? Looking good!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
His are from C&C Fab, just like mine. Tigerblood, if you want rear tube fenders, check out Smittybilt. They bolt on using the stock flare holes. I love mine.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Here's the rear smittybilt flares. They go good with the front tube fenders. And the price isn't terrible. $140 for the pair.

ForumRunner_20130730_214010.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_214100.jpg

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Always liked the look of a good pair of tube fenders, lets the wheel really tuck up in there, But im in Cali, and I have already gotten a fix ticket for stock fenders and flares, if I install the tube style ill be forever swapping fenders for tickets.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
For the YJ. I kinda wish I would have got the TJ ones, just to see how much more clearance they have. I think the tubes are the same, but the plate in the back is cut for a bigger wheel well, but I'm not totally sure.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Just make sure to paint over smittybilts powdercoating. I guess the stuff doesn't last long. I just scratched it up, primered over it, and then painted it. Came out smooth. No texture from the powdercoating.

·
Registered
236 Posts
When you switch to the rear tube flares what do you do about the inner plastic? I've been kicking the idea around about going with the smittys or tj flares but not sure how it would look once you cut the wheel well open to accommodate.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I left it in for now. It's only there until I bedline the tub. I'm going to bedline or undercoat the wheel wells at the same time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you can put The TJ flares on a YJ? I was also trying to figure out about the plastic inside. I am going to Monstaliner my jeep as soon as I do the flares.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
So you can put The TJ flares on a YJ? I was also trying to figure out about the plastic inside. I am going to Monstaliner my jeep as soon as I do the flares.
The tj flares are wider and allow you to cut out some sheet metal to accommodate bigger tires/allow for more flex.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like a plan. I don't think I can build them for the price they sale for. I'm sure I have the material but time is slim. May order them today. Who do y'all order most of your stuff from or do you just shop around?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts