Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to have to replace my front fenders due to rust. Here are my options.
1) Buy new aftermarker fenders and paint them.

2) Buy used fenders from a junk yard or other source - sand / prep / paint and fit them.

3) Buy tube fenders and leave them black ( I would probably do sliders/steps and rear corners with flares in black at that point)

4) Buy tube fenders and paint them to match the body color.

I'm leaning more toward the last option but I want some opinions on having body matched tube fenders. The jeep is going to receive a mild lift and larger tire on nicer wheels. I also think the last option would be the most effecient in terms of budget and effort.

Thanks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Maybe check out the xenon flat fenders? Its what I'm going to purchase for mine. The price isn't bad and they look pretty good. Plan to bedline mine when I get them. Just a thought. Also can keep an eye out on your local Craigslist as I see them on there often.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Maybe check out the xenon flat fenders? Its what I'm going to purchase for mine. The price isn't bad and they look pretty good. Plan to bedline mine when I get them. Just a thought. Also can keep an eye out on your local Craigslist as I see them on there often.
Those won't address his fenders...those are flares.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
tube fenders with new inners and body matched is sick. We body matched my dad's metal cloaks and they just look sick

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
I would definitely go with 3 or 4.

If price is an issue, check out ModernClassicEnterprises and their flat fenders. Depending on where your rust is located, these may work good for you. I went with them at the time to get some more clearance and the price was right. Depending on what you are looking at, they are typically 100+ dollars cheaper than a metal tube fender. They are made of ABS so they are flexible. They come black, and I believe they can also be painted if that is what you want. Here are mine. They also make models that have 3" and 6" flares as well.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Dextreme said:
Those won't address his fenders...those are flares.
I'm an idiot. Just ignore my previous post. That's what I get for not paying attention. Prob a good sign that I need some more sleep before work tonight lol.

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
Keep a check on your local CL. I scored a pair of tube fenders real cheap and I'm in the process of sanding them down, because they are going to gloss black to match the Jeep.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
We had a member of my local club just sell his stock fenders for $500. At that price, I'd go aftermarket tubes or the MCEs with a preference on the later if there's a chance of leaning into trees or rocks.

·
Registered
229 Posts

If price is an issue, check out ModernClassicEnterprises and their flat fenders. Depending on where your rust is located, these may work good for you. I went with them at the time to get some more clearance and the price was right. Depending on what you are looking at, they are typically 100+ dollars cheaper than a metal tube fender. They are made of ABS so they are flexible. They come black, and I believe they can also be painted if that is what you want. Here are mine. They also make models that have 3" and 6" flares as well.

One of my fav TJ's on this site:thumb:

I agree on these fenders. I think they look great and if your fenders arent rusted so bad where you would need to replace entire fenderwell these are the way to go. If you have to replace the entire fender and fender wells you should look into Metal Cloaks.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Cons_Table said:

The new ones are made out of a TPO plastic. Which is better then ABS. I don't know what the difference is. All I know is its a newer plastic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts