Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am still trying to resolve the tire rub issue and i talked to someone that told me if get a fender kit it will allow up to size 35 tires without a lift and without rubbing. Can someone (jerry bransford) comfirm this? And what kind of kit should i look into?

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
So i am still trying to resolve the tire rub issue and i talked to someone that told me if get a fender kit it will allow up to size 35 tires without a lift and without rubbing. Can someone (jerry bransford) comfirm this? And what kind of kit should i look into?
it's called an AEV Highline Body kit. the bare components run about $2000. Figure a few more hundred or more for paint to match your Jeep.

AEV Conversions 41003011AA - AEV Highline Body Kit for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

you should be able to fit 35's with a 1" BL using that kit. the key is you need to raise the hood line, if you don't move the hood line, it ain't gonna happen.

don't forget you'll need to upgrade the steering, gears, brakes, etc.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Just get another manufactured flat fender hi-line for a little over the quarter the cost of the AEV stuff.
AEV's stuff is premium, the price isn't all that far apart really....

Gen-Right for example, you're looking at almost $900 by the time you get the fenders, inner fender kit and mounting kit. Then you've still some minor fab to do, relocate a bunch of stuff, cut your hood or get the AEV hood, and paint it all. If you go with Rokmen, you save on the parts, but you need to fit & weld everything and still relocate stuff, cut the hood, paint, etc.

The AEV kit is bolt on & trimming mostly.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I mean I guess if the small fabrication is either impossible for you to do, or you dont want to do it. Feel free to spend an additional $1000.

For $1000 you could have all the tools to do decent fabrication lol.

Either way, there are many options.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
there are a ton of options out there. I am personally not a fan of AVE's highline just because of the looks. Sinister Fab makes a really nice kit with inner fenders. You can also DIY highline by cutting your hood then redilling your fenders to match

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
getalildirty said:
Where are your tires running?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not entirely sure. I guess i should find out then with that info correct the problem. I thought itd be cheaper to get the fender kit instead of lifting it to correct the problem but i guess not.

Everything is so dam expensive working a minimum wage job with a jeep just doesnt work

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
getalildirty said:
Im not entirely sure. I guess i should find out then with that info correct the problem. I thought itd be cheaper to get the fender kit instead of lifting it to correct the problem but i guess not.

Everything is so dam expensive working a minimum wage job with a jeep just doesnt work
Yeah... knowing what the problem fully is helps when wanting to fix it. You only have 31"s. Your probably rubbing on the sway bar. As said in your other thread. Just add washers to your steering stops.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TJspeed said:
Yeah... knowing what the problem fully is helps when wanting to fix it. You only have 31"s. Your probably rubbing on the sway bar.
Yeah and in a last thread i was told if its rubbing against the swaybar the only solution is to lift.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
getalildirty said:
Yeah and in a last thread i was told if its rubbing against the swaybar the only solution is to lift.
That's one. But under $5 you could add washers to your steering stops if your rubbing the sway bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts