Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I damaged my front fender light today and I need to replace it.

I have a 2020 Wrangler unlimited black and tan. Im happy with OEM.

Where should I get this? Is it hard to replace? I am an idiot with practically no tools.

·
Super Moderator
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
3,086 Posts
You might check out FB marketplace or Craigslist. I’m guessing there are a few out there that folks take off in favor for something else. I’m not sure about tools needed, but shouldn’t be too hard.

On a side note, the 301 piece tool kit from HF isn’t bad. Plus if you break something just take it in and swap it out. I keep it in my TJ all the time. I had about 90% of the sockets you will need for almost anything on most vehicles. Wait for a sale and the price isn’t bad. Tip: keep the padding in between the trays it helps keep everything in place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might check out FB marketplace or Craigslist. I’m guessing there are a few out there that folks take off in favor for something else. I’m not sure about tools needed, but shouldn’t be too hard.

On a side note, the 301 piece tool kit from HF isn’t bad. Plus if you break something just take it in and swap it out. I keep it in my TJ all the time. I had about 90% of the sockets you will need for almost anything on most vehicles. Wait for a sale and the price isn’t bad. Tip: keep the padding in between the trays it helps keep everything in place.
Hey SGT. Yeah, I took a look there but nothing jumped out and I hate waiting and looking. I think i found it on mopar, but not sure if this is correct. This look right to you?

Park And Turn Signal Lamp, Right - Mopar (68307244AG)
2018-2022 Jeep - 68307244ag

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
Looking at the reference, be aware that the front fender lights are two parts, one is the light facing front, the second is the marker light beside it facing the side. The one you have referenced is the front facing light only and apparently the right side which is the passenger side. In the case of the parts that are similar but for side designation, the right side is always listed first and the left side had the last digit one number higher. For example in your part the right side ends in a 4 the left (driver) side would end in a 5 but the rest of the numbers would be the same.

An interesting side note is that the very first iteration of that part was AA at the end. Then next would have been AB so that part is now in it's 7th iteration. Does not mean the others are bad, that number could vary with slight modifications or even the same part but different manufacturers.

There are also two different ones. One is for the incandescent bulbs (which have a replaceable bulb) and the second is the LED version which does not have a replaceable bulb. The easiest way to determine if you have the correct number is to look at the back side of the damaged one (if there is enough left) and find the part number. All the plastic bits have the part number cast into them. The part you referenced is for the bulb housing for the incandescent bulbs. The LED version is around $250. If you don't have LED headlights, you won't have LED front marker/turn lights either.

Another way is to go by a dealership and go back to the parts counter. And talk to the the parts guy. When he brings up the part, write it down and ask how much it will cost. When he quotes the price, flinch and say you don't have that much on you and that you will come back for it later. But, now you have the correct number.

Reactions: thollemb
1 - 6 of 6 Posts