Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90 yj with the Larado trim. So it has these uggle side steps that I'm prepared to chop off, however I dont know how to find fenders that will round off to the body instead off just squared off like mine will look. Does any1 know how to fix this or where i can get pcs to round them off? I'll attach a pic of how I want the flares to look. If I just put on new flares all around is that problem solved. I dont know if i can attach another pic of mine to show u the larado
trim.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a bad pic of mine. U can kinda see how the flares continue into the side steps. When i take the side steps off where they joined will look crappy.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I am pretty sore 4wd hardware and quadratech have replacement flares. You can get the short rounded caps for them. there are usually flares on Ebay too. Better yet, listen to binaryking. The TJ flares will require a little trimming, but allow for more room for tires.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
You can also buy just the front extensions like the Red YJ pic has. They are available from a couple of different sources. I want to say around $25 bucks for the set.

My 94 has the step built in as well. I've ordered the Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers w/ Sliders these will cover up the area of the old steps and plan to figure something out with how to end the front flares once they get here.

They have an option for the Rocker Knockers with TJ flares on a YJ as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good enough. thanks fellas. I buy the caps for 25. are they called something special, as you could tell from my post I had no idea what to call them!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey Let Me Know Where You Get Those Caps I Was Wanting To Take My Side Steps Off As Well....previous Owner Welded Some Nerf Bars On And Made The Side Steps Useless...let Me Know Where You Find Them.... I Have Been Looking For Them Already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts