Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some fenders and leaning towards the mce flat fenders for my 05 tj. I realize you need to cut out the old fenders, and im wondering how hard this installation will be. I am fairly handy. Can anyone let me know how it is installing them? Thanks!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Not sure about the MCE fenders, but I am going to be getting the GenRight G3 tube fenders and I hear the install is fairly easy.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
MCE has installation instructions available for download on their site. I've read them and they are pretty detailed.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The MCE install is pretty straight forward. The hardest part in putting flat fenders on a Jeep is the electrical for the new lights. Be careful with the MCE hardware. They give you soft bolts that twist and break if you get on them to hard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont spending a few hours installing them, its just something about cutting my old ones out that makes me hesitant about getting the mce's. Thats why im debating to save up for the metalcloaks which involve no cutting

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I dont spending a few hours installing them, its just something about cutting my old ones out that makes me hesitant about getting the mce's. Thats why im debating to save up for the metalcloaks which involve no cutting
I was hesitant about cutting too. But it really is super simple. Just follow their template and it will go smoothly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so looks like im going with the MCE's! Haha thanks for the help guys i'll try to remember to post some pics of the final product

1 - 7 of 7 Posts