Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok been reading on here alot, and im noticing alot of people saying 33x12.50 tires is when u might want to start upgrading parts... So my question is would dropping 32x12.50 be any help, or 11.50?...and would 1.25 body lift make the 32 fit? I got 31x10.50 right now on mickey Thompsons classic lock with no rubbing at all... And as a side note got 99 tj 4cyl auto

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm running 33x10.5s on 2" BB and 1.25 Bl. no rub and decent flex. I got extended brake lines and a new steering stabilizer just in case. my brakes are on the crappy side and I should've replaced them with the new tires but I'm working on it. put a 1" mml with the Bl

·
Registered
246 Posts
not sure if just a Bl will be fine if youre running 31s stock. it's a recommended 4" lift for 33s but then again I have friends running them on 2.5" BB (they wheel hard but then again not the best option)

·
Registered
246 Posts
if you get to the point where your questioning to upgrade parts it's always best to just do it. never know when things will break or how much wear your car will endure

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanx... This a good BL? and is it everything i need? http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/body-lift-jks9904-p-5414.html.... And as far as the BB any recommendation? And also thats 3.25 lift total, any parts going to need changed outside the kits? And as another note its mainly going to be for looks when i offroad its just fieldin hopping lol but i rarely do... Any input on the 33x12.50 on my 4cyl auto?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've got a 6 cylinder so my 373 gears are fine. you're going I have to ask around how your 410s will be with 33s. jks is a good body lift that's what I have. any motor mount will do but I believe I have jks as well. as for BB most are good. I have rubicon express. I get all my parts from quadratec. I got the less expensive model because that's what was better for me. I asked a representative on quadratec I forget what the difference is. some people need a tc drop with a 2" but I didn't. this set up is good but ideally you want 3" with 1-1.25 Bl or a set up similar. I added he Bl to my BB when I upgraded tires. 3" lift is more expensive but a lot better offroad and you will need track bar adjust and tc drop and stuff like that. dont get me wrong I like my set up and it works good and I wheel hard but 4" of lift is ideal for offroad. 3" recommended for street use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts