Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys had a few questions figured you could help me answer them! I purchased an axle (d44) that has a truss on it that I believe is used for four link suspension. The guy that I bought it from said it will work will any "long arm lift kit" so if you could help me to understand if that is correct, I believe the kit that I plan on getting will work with the axle but I figured I would ask the forum to be sure!

Axle:

ForumRunner_20140422_002005.jpg

Lift kit: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-lift-kits/rough-country/wrangler-tj-6-inch-long-arm-suspension-lift-kit.htm

In short; will the lift kit I have posted a link to work with th pictured axle?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Here is the problem I see. The axle is set up for a triangulated upper. The lowers are in their stock locations. The kit you linked won't let me download their instructions and doesn't mention anything about it being triangulated. Also from the pictures it seems like there is a rear tracbar included. In a triangulated 4 link rear the tracbar can be eliminated. Also I do not see any mention of a axle bridge for the triangulated links. Also from their pictures it doesn't seem like their rear upper link mounts are angled toward the center like a triangulated mount would.

From this information I conclude that their lift kit is not a rear triangulated long arm kit and it will not work with that axle you linked. If anyone else thinks I missed something or said something wrong, please let me know!

EDIT: found a bigger picture of the kit:

EDIT2: Just found more pictures online, it seems like the rear upper links are integrated with the rear tracbar relocation bracket. If you ask me this kit has some HORRIBLE geometry...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yes, as mentioned you would need a triangulated 4link system in the rear for this axle to work, specifically one that reuses the stock lower mounts but triangulates the stock upper arms to exactly where they are welded on. Personally, I would pass unless you want to go down the road of building your own suspension (all the math, welding, and money).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Thanks guys for helping me out! Seems as if I will be doing a 4 link long arm kit that has triangulated uppers, or put all of the stock tj mounts on.
Edit: seems as if this is a potential kit

http://www.extremeterrain.com/rock-krawler-55-x-arm-tj-rktj55xf-la02.html?utm_content=XT+Lift+Kits+-+4++inch%7CRock+Krawler&utm_campaign=Year+%2F+Gen&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=&XTID=J10557
Now a kit like this will work with your rear axle. You should be able to reuse the axle upper brackets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts