Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Fierce Attitude. 26570R17 for my '09 Wrangler Unlimited. Anyone have any experience with these tires?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
No, but I have the GY Duratracs that have almost the same tread pattern as the fierce attitude.
Based on that I would not recommend them for mostly highway use. Look into the Nitto Terra Grapplers. They're an excellent AT for highway and some occasional offroading, I had them before the Dts.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Local loggers are really liking the Fierce tires. Saying they're getting 50k miles out of them which is crazy compared to other tires. Logging roads usually cut tires up pretty bad. Anyway, I have no personal experience, but have had several loggers talk about these tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My Super duty had these tires on it.....They wore pretty well (bought it that way) The tires werent too out of round at the end either, but were kind loud...As far as a Jeep I'm a Cooper STT man for dual duty. Iroks for offroad only

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you wouldn't recommend the Attitudes or the Duratracs for highway use?

No, but I have the GY Duratracs that have almost the same tread pattern as the fierce attitude.
Based on that I would not recommend them for mostly highway use. Look into the Nitto Terra Grapplers. They're an excellent AT for highway and some occasional offroading, I had them before the Dts.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just picked up a set of 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitudes. We just drove 4,000 miles on them out west. Aired them down to 10 psi and they worked wonderful on the slick-rock and Mud. Also they handled 18 hour stretches on hot pavement without wearing too bad with a loaded JKU.. I would say we had about 500 lbs in the back along with 2 full sized adults.

I ran the tires between 32 and 36 psi on the road. Tires chunked a bit on the Morrison Trail but that's to be expected after 10 hours on the trail. I would buy these tires again without a doubt. I've run the BFG Mud Terrain and also the A/T in the past, and the Fierce Attitudes were far superior in the rough stuff. Maybe a tad louder then the BFG A/T on the highway but the Fierce Attitude is a much more aggressive tread. I just wish they made these in a 37". I hope this helps

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I just picked up a set of 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitudes. We just drove 4,000 miles on them out west. Aired them down to 10 psi and they worked wonderful on the slick-rock and Mud. Also they handled 18 hour stretches on hot pavement without wearing too bad with a loaded JKU.. I would say we had about 500 lbs in the back along with 2 full sized adults.

I ran the tires between 32 and 36 psi on the road. Tires chunked a bit on the Morrison Trail but that's to be expected after 10 hours on the trail. I would buy these tires again without a doubt. I've run the BFG Mud Terrain and also the A/T in the past, and the Fierce Attitudes were far superior in the rough stuff. Maybe a tad louder then the BFG A/T on the highway but the Fierce Attitude is a much more aggressive tread. I just wish they made these in a 37". I hope this helps
Any updates on the tires? These are the only 35x17s in my price range and I'm close to pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have had the 35x12.5x17 Fierce Attitudes on my JKU for about 4 months now and between the highway, rain, sand, mud and rocks (Just got back from the Smoky Mountains), I am very satisfied with the tires. They are wearing very well also, just keep them rotated and they should last a good while. Seems like I made a good decision with these tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts