Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got price on 285 70 17 duratrac 5 of them for 1300 or Fierce attitude 5 of them for 1100 Installed.

It is for a DD jku sport cant decide.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I tell you what, I have about 500 miles on my Duratracs....they ride as nice as the stock tires. I have the 315/70/17

Great tires.

Hit it, Air Assault!

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I'd go with the duratracs. If you want to save some money get the Kelley safari tsr. That's basically the duratrac and still made by Goodyear

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'm looking at the Attitudes locally for a little less than a thousand.....I like the tread pattern one of the magazines gave em a pretty good write up a few months ago...
Something different.... just me. "BH"

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I have the FAs on my truck because the Duratracs were out of stock everywhere in the size I wanted when I needed tires. They ride just fine and I had no trouble getting around in the snow in 2WD last year. Granted the five 70 pound tubes of sand in the back helped a bunch. But I wouldn't hesitate to get them again. That being said, I'm probably going to go with Duratracs on the JK when it's time for new tires so I have a good comparison of both of them to see which is better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the duratracs about 2500 miles on them and it is my dd driver plus I do a good bit of off roading and I love them. Great tire

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
The fierce attitudes are basically a sister tire to the duratracs and the kelly safari, all are owned by goodyear with the same casing and slightly different tread molds. Any of these tires should ride and perform about the same and would be a great choice.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Lots of people love the Duratrac's thats for sure but a lot of people also have huge issues with them. I just put a new set on mine and they are already off it and replaced with KM2's. Couldn't keep them balanced and each of the set of 5 took between 12 and 22oz of strip weight to balance. I also had them road force balanced and it was good but only for a few days or about 400 miles. I actually proved that they were spinning on the wheels by chalking at the valve stem and then driving it for awhile. Local discount tire acknowledged more recent issues with them as well and the shop handling my build has stopped selling them all together due to constant issues.

The KM2 I replaced them with balanced with 2-3OZ on each and ride 1000% better than the Duratrac's I had on.

Eric

·
Registered
848 Posts
FA says it's a MT. How can it be a sister tire to a duratrac?

Also how can a tire spin on the wheel and not break the bead? Something isn't right there...

·
Registered
583 Posts
j0nx said:
FA says it's a MT. How can it be a sister tire to a duratrac?

Also how can a tire spin on the wheel and not break the bead? Something isn't right there...
They can spin on the wheel when there is something wrong with the mold at the bead and it simply isn't sized correctly.

I have heard of it several times with Duratracs although I tried to ignore it and bought them anyway. We proved it to the regional Goodyear Commercial rep by chalking a line on the tires in line with the valve stem and them driving it and even braking and accelerating aggressively. Two out of four moved with the worse one rotating a good 3 inches away from the stem on the wheel during braking based on direction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts