Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of producing Film like you put on your Phone for lights and windshields. I currently run this on my lights and windshield it is not available to the public it will stop cracks and rocks! Give me feed back! I dont have a company just wonder if there is an interest in this!

·
Registered
138 Posts
3M produces something like that. It is not as thick, but you can buy the film in bulk or pre cut to fit your application.

Doug

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DougTimme said:
3M produces something like that. It is not as thick, but you can buy the film in bulk or pre cut to fit your application.

Doug
It would be pre cut and is military spec version

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have the tinted version on my f350. It will stand up to a gunshot from a 22 but not much more. It's much thicker than clear bra or venture shield and much more difficult to work with

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
would the heat from lights not cook it on over time? the stuff on phones scratches pretty easy, how scratch resistant is said product?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rebelBullDawg325 said:
would the heat from lights not cook it on over time? the stuff on phones scratches pretty easy, how scratch resistant is said product?
Well so far so good I have them on 130watt lights now and I crawl at night often I have not had scratch issues so far unlike phone film this stuff is pretty durable. 110 in the desert had no effect so far and it seems to not effect my light focal point. I am still playing with it! Like all the comments wanted input I am willing to test bed a few samples with other people just not sure of the right mixture yet.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
id be concerned with mud scratching them. i know when i hunt / wheel red clay mud gets all over the windshield, you hit the wipers to be able to see again, that would be similar to rubbing sandpaper across this stuff. i think it might would leave a haze of super fine scratches

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Autowerks racing said:
Have the tinted version on my f350. It will stand up to a gunshot from a 22 but not much more. It's much thicker than clear bra or venture shield and much more difficult to work with
When I laid it to glass got the same result Lexan has files so it tends to give. I was wondering about tint for glass my main thing is trail running rocking And the cost of replacing lens covers and lights due to sand blast effect

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I think somewhere here is a post from a guy who works for a company that makes this film that is already in use on the "exotic" cars' windshields. It is already out there somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts