Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just enjoying looking at all your jeeps and all the journeys in the garage and on the hills and trails you've all taken. I finally get to share mine as this is the first time I've ever gone on a forum or anything to do with social media in over half a decade. Mines an 89 yj with a 350 4 bolt adapted to an ax15/np231 tranny/case. Still the original Dana 35s. I get my new Mickey thompson mtz p3s 33x12.5x15s and -19 offset 15" rims on saturday. For now, I'm doing my best to scorch my 31s off and the tranney is holding up way better than I was led to believe. I've torn down and punched out my block 20 over and thrown in oversize pistons and rings, installed a thumpr,gear drive and lifters, and tweaked my hei distributor last night with an advance kit. Not bad for a plumber eh?馃槃 just making a coupling on the lathe tonight so I can shorten my front driveshaft and weld it and install it so I can finally see if my posi locker kit is working. I can't remember how many posts I've gone through and was nothing but discouraged about small blocking a jeep. If there's one thing I can say to anyone thinking about doing something like this, follow your dreams. Because once she's done, the whole world is like daffodil daydream. Enjoy 馃憣

Premium Member
And where are the pics?

Registered
Pictures!

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Forum 355YjByBrando,

With the 350 and the D35, I suggest you keep your eyes open for a stronger replacement axle. I expect that you already know that though.
The Ford 8.8 from an Explorer conversion is popular for those on a budget.
For those with big bucks, an East Coast Gear & Spring D44 is a great option.

BTW, where's the pics? We all like to see what the other guy has.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Cornchip

Registered
I agree with Luckymac re the rear axle, especially given your comment about tires. If you don't abuse it the D35 will last a while but abused it will be toast shortly.

I did the Ford 8.8 on mine and think it is a great option.

Registered
As the other posters have said... I am quite surprised the rear axle is still functioning. Prepare yourself. I know you are having fun destroying your tires, but it will leave you stranded soon.

I have also seen the people saying not to bother with an old 350. The LS platform is leaps and bounds better than an old school small block. It is way easier and cheaper to build horse power. That said, my TBI 350 in my Jeep is awesome. It is certainly not lacking in HP in any way.

Welcome to the forum and the 350 YJ club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts