Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many days straight days of sunshine, I finally got around to dropping the windshield. Used to drive like this always with CJ in Florida. Now I remember why. Absolutely great, the way a Jeep is supposed to be!

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts
I would recommend adding a bolt on sport cage kit for at least the front.
It makes dropping the windshield very easy without having to remove the over door bars.
It also does not look so goofy and naked when the windshield is down.
Adds a little bit of safety too, IMO.
I have an Or-Fab. I like it better than the Rockhard because it replaces the over door bars with stronger ones.
Just a suggestion, but your jeep looks great!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to drop down and is there a chance it wont line back up?
It was super easy... Two T40 Torx bolts on the outside frame, four where the safety bar bolts to the top of the windshield, and two T50 security bolts (pin in middle) where the safety bar bolts to back frame. Took maybe 5 minutes. No way for it not go back together correctly. I've only been waiting because I waited to get the security Torx driver

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would recommend adding a bolt on sport cage kit for at least the front.
It makes dropping the windshield very easy without having to remove the over door bars.
It also does not look so goofy and naked when the windshield is down.
Adds a little bit of safety too, IMO.
I have an Or-Fab. I like it better than the Rockhard because it replaces the over door bars with stronger ones.
Just a suggestion, but your jeep looks great!
I agree, it could look better, and be safer, but having grown up with CJs and older Jeeps, I'd probably go the other way, with less!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts