Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new top was ordered this morning! This has been a long wait thanks to the dealership. They ordered me a new softopper this morning while I was there. This has been a major ordeal since September when I bought the Jeep. They fired the original manager who had been lying to me all along that the top was on the way. Needless to say, he never ordered it.
I have an 05 unlimited with the sunrider top but, it is so dry rotted you have to be afraid to try and put it down.
Part of the purchase agreement was a new top. The new manager said they were having a hard time finding a new top. Guess the JEEP dealership 4 miles up the road was too far to deal with. Who knows. Finally had enough and told him to just order the softopper because it was in stock. They are shipping it direct to me and I keep the original top. Now i will have to try and find a replacement top skin (dont need the windows) and I will have a new sunrider too!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the point of those is what? They do not sell just the ROOF skin. I dont need a complete sunrider top. My windows are fine and so is the framework.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top finally arrived today. Too cold and I'm too lazy at the moment and feel like crap so it will be a few days until I put it on. I did open the box and everything looks pretty nice. Sailcloth too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sailcloth is the best. If you can, take it all out of the box and spread it out in a warm place for a day. If you try to put it on and its a little cold, run the Jeep with the heater going to help try to warm the top. Hair drier also works.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you put it on yet. My 06 LJ sunrider top dried out too and out off all the tops out there I have really started to lean to the softopper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts