Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold the ‘16 JKUS for an ‘18 JLU Sport S, 6spd with premium soft top. My buddies all told me NOT to buy a first year production Jeep due to manufacturing defects and growing pains of getting a new model on the road. However, my JKUS with only 24,000 miles needed new rear brakes and was starting to lemon out on me with HVAC gremlins, head unit problems and leaks from the freedom panels.

The service advisor asked if I wanted to get an estimate for a trade and I said sure, what the hell (thinking I would be too buried upside down to get anything).

When he called back for the estimate for the brakes, he told me that the sales manager would put me in a new JLU Sport S with the manual that I wanted for NO MONEY DOWN and my exact monthly payment.

This was a no brained and 4 hours later I was driving my new baby home.

One year later I did this...

Mopar running boards, EAG stubby bumper with integrated HiLift Jack holder, 9000lb winch, 14,800 lumen driving lights, AuxBeam headlights and fog lights, Pro Comp stage 1 3.5" lift, Fuel 17" x 10" wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35" tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
24k miles and needed rear brakes, something up there if you ask me.
Do you have any idea how much brake pads and or rotors would cost?
(Guessing you didn't even look)

You know they more than likely had someone already looking for a used '16 JKUS
You wanted a JL so they made it easy for you, thats what a good salesperson does

Anyways nice Jeep
Have you checked you brakes lately? ;-)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice! I’m hoping to get a new ‘19 JLUSS shortly and looking to mod it too, hope to start with a lift and tires so I am looking at those of you who have already done some. So thanks for posting! Enjoy your rig!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts