Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally purchased the AEV procal module from Quadratec ($150). It helped a lot. They have a flier in the instruction for 2013 models.

I was driving on my 285 x 75 x 16's since I bought the Jeep and I had the tire pressure set at 32lb. I think it was a bit too high. One big indication was on traffic lights, when I used to gas it, it would skid for a little bit at first. I lowered the tire pressure to 28lb's and looks like that's working good for now.

I tried doing the chalk test, but for some reason, the chalk didn't leave an impression on my driveway. Not sure if it was because I did it early in the morning or maybe I wasn't doing it correctly.

Anyways, that stupid TPMS sensor would keep going off. The procal did the job. I adjusted the TPMS sensor to come on at 24lb. The instructions recommended to have it 4lbs below your tire pressure.
NOTE: After you make the adjustment, you need to drive the Jeep for about 2 minutes and then the low air warning goes off.

Also used the procal to calibrate the Jeep for the larger tire size. My tires mathematically add up to 32.8" height but when I actually measured it, it was 31.75" and I used the 31.75" to calibrate the Jeep with the Procal.

Also did the following adjustments

1. Added daytime running lights (Low intensity High beams). They have multiple options. You can select low beams, fog lights, parking lights as your day time running lights. I opted to select the high beams. It comes on at low intensity. Also, it only comes on when you are in Drive or Reverse. One more thing to note is that, even when you are in Drive or Reverse, if you pull your handbrake, it overrides the system and the daytime running lights goes off.

2. Removed one touch lane change. I did not like this feature. This is the feature where the blinker blinks three times, when you lightly tap on the turn signal.

3. My Jeep is 3.73 Axle Ratio. I just went ahead and set the procal for 3.73 and calibrated the Jeep. I probably didn't have to do this since it came from the factory as a 3.73 but I did it anyways. I may experiment with the axle ratio settings and go lower and higher and see how it goes.

I would highly recommend the Procal to all you Jeepers our there. It's nice to have it so you can change your settings. It's $150.00 but I think, it's worth it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Excellent. Very good and helpful post. I'll save it and in the spring when I am ready for new wheels, I'll make sure to buy Procal and reed your post again.
Thank you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I also have the Procal, but with mixed results so far.
I reset the speedo/shift points as well as the turn signal and the rear end gear with no problem..
But the TPMS setting is still not right and after two calls to AEV...the low pressure warning still lights up.
I have my pressure at 34 lbs and have set the low pressure setting at 4-5-6-7- and 8 lbs lower trying to get it to shut off, but it still lights up.
I have a 30 minute drive at 65 mph that I make after the reset and it will not stop lighting up the low pressure warning.
I have checked the pressure gauge against multiple others and I made sure to check the spare.
I can set the pressure to Zero and get it to not light up...but I want it to work the way it is intended.
When the SEMA show is over I will be calling AEV again.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I also have the Procal, but with mixed results so far. I have a 30 minute drive at 65 mph that I make after the reset and it will not stop lighting up the low pressure warning.
I had a similar issue when I reset my TPMS with Pro Cal. The solution for me was to inflate my tires way up and (adding about 6-8 pounds) drive around until the light went off and then lower my tire pressure back down to normal.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did every adjustment twice just to be sure. The horn will beep twice if it goes through but for some reason, I was doubting myself and did it again.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had a similar issue when I reset my TPMS with Pro Cal. The solution for me was to inflate my tires way up and (adding about 6-8 pounds) drive around until the light went off and then lower my tire pressure back down to normal.
I saw that you had posted this somewhere, and I did do this also.
I will give it another try and a much higher pressure. I ran them up to 45 last time and it did not take.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did what you said, but in reverse...sorta.
I lowered the threshold on the Procal to 12 lbs below my preferred pressure (35 lbs).
So with the Procal set at 23 as a lower threshold, the warning light finally went out. Then I set the Procal at 10 lbs below and still no low pressure warning.
It was simpler to go lower on the Procal than to raise the pressure on the tires.
It accomplished the same thing. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
3. My Jeep is 3.73 Axle Ratio. I just went ahead and set the procal for 3.73 and calibrated the Jeep. I probably didn't have to do this since it came from the factory as a 3.73 but I did it anyways. I may experiment with the axle ratio settings and go lower and higher and see how it goes.
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to mess around with changing the gear ratio unless you actually install new gears. If you set the ECM to some other ratio than what is actually installed I'm pretty sure you will throw a code.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I did what you said, but in reverse...sorta.
I lowered the threshold on the Procal to 12 lbs below my preferred pressure (35 lbs).
So with the Procal set at 23 as a lower threshold, the warning light finally went out. Then I set the Procal at 10 lbs below and still no low pressure warning.
It was simpler to go lower on the Procal than to raise the pressure on the tires.
It accomplished the same thing. Thanks for the help.
I'm just glad something worked. Once I got mine to go out it has worked without issue.

481 Posts
3. My Jeep is 3.73 Axle Ratio. I just went ahead and set the procal for 3.73 and calibrated the Jeep. I probably didn't have to do this since it came from the factory as a 3.73 but I did it anyways. I may experiment with the axle ratio settings and go lower and higher and see how it goes..
Doing this will introduce you to limp mode, where your transmission will not engage.

I would not recommend trying this out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Both my procal and my 33 duratracs will be coming in tomorrow.

Is it straight forward to use? And are there any benefits/ uses than the things you mentioned?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just received my mb 72's and duratracs im going to install them tomorrow, will i be ok even though i dont have the pro cal? Just the speedo will be off?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Both my procal and my 33 duratracs will be coming in tomorrow.

Is it straight forward to use? And are there any benefits/ uses than the things you mentioned?
It is very easy to use (at least I think it is) I used mine when I installed all my parts to reset the tire size and TPMS.

It does the following:

Tire sizes 24"-54"

Low tire pressure threshold 0-31 PSI

Axle ratio 3.07-5.67

One touch lane change option (as mentioned, three blinks on one touch, this toggles on and off)

Day time running lamps (option for the following: low beam, high beam, turn signal, fog lights, european, off)

Auto sway bar system

Engine functions (option for the following: set pedal, set vin, clear DTC codes)

Runtime functions (options for both extended idle (great if you have a winch as it increases idle RPM) and center steering)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just received my mb 72's and duratracs im going to install them tomorrow, will i be ok even though i dont have the pro cal? Just the speedo will be off?
both your speedo and odometer will be off if you do not reprogram the computer. A procal module is not really necessary you could always ask the dealership to reprogram the wheel travel distance for you on their computer system. Some may charge you and other may do it for free if you use them for scheduled maintenance. My dealer offered to do it for free but I had already ordered the procal and did it myself.

also, make sure to chalk test the wheels to obtain the actual tire size when resetting.

for example: I have 35x12.5x18 nitto trail grapplers that are an actual 35.04 circumference however once on the jeep and chalk tested they are just under 34.75... this is the tire size you would put into the procal to have the most accurate reading.

vehicle weight and inflation PSI change its actual circumference once on the vehicle, so when I install the bumpers I want to order they may run slightly lower than they do now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you have an automatic, your shift points will be off also depending on your tire size. This was the most critical part of my wanting a Procal.
With the 35's I have it was shifting at too low an RPM, and bogging down up hills.
Once I reprogrammed with the Procal all the snap came back.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I found this post and the procal is just what I need so I ordered one. My tpm light is on all the time.
Another thing with the procal is increasing idle rpm, have any of you used this. I would like this when using my winch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also can't get my TPMS light to go off. Tire pressure at 32 and set it to come on at 28. When I use the ProCal to set it to 28 it changes the damn time on my clock!! Also can not get the turn signal lane change to work. On the other hand my speedo is rignt on the money now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts