Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped at a shop today and my swr is hovering right at 1.5 on all three channels. I leave and head east on I 80 towards Mercer PA to go pull into fields and watch for varmints to pop out of their buroughs. I decided at 6 miles away from the shop to call on the channel they monitor to see if I'm still able to be heard/hear them. Not only did they answer, but sounded very clear and said I did as well ! I followed a buddy on the way home and he stopped for some fast food so I told him to stick there a bit and we'd see how far our radios would reach (assuming cb shop radio had a boost maybe). Well, I got a bit past 4 miles down the road/street and we could still talk/hear well (despite a little static). I'm very pleased with my radios performance, and just thought some people on here might want an idea what you can reasonably expect from a radio.:thumb:

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts
Your lucky. Sometimes tuning the antenna is required to get that much coverage. Before I had mine tuned my range would be about 5 Jeeps front and back on Jeep runs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ! Ya, I feel lucky as I just purchased the Cool Tech license plate holder mount that came w/coax and a 4 ft Firestick ll and had the install done at 4WD. They didn't have a swr meter so I really wanted it double checked. We both agreed that range on the drive home exceeded expectations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts