Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for going on 1 1/2 years now, I mud it a lot and rock climb in it some. It has 149k miles on it. Today I finally HAD to replace my first part on it. THe stupid Idler pully started rattling. I also replaced the belt and put the old one in the back for a spare ( it had cracks in it). I change the oil every 3 k miles and she seems happy. I'm VERY proud of my Girl :) Since I have owned it I have put about 17k miles on it. Sp whoever says a jeep isn't reliable can kiss my butt. You just have to love her and take care of her.

My girl muddy

Me and My dog pickles I know ugly old mutt lol

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Nice Sahara, is the white top factory? I like the mud accents.

Maybe one day I'll get the nerve to do same!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup the white is the original factory top, when it was new it had a white soft top also, now I have a spice on. I love your black jeep also very nice, Wheres the mud :) nice clean dog also, mine is always muddy lol

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the white is like a blank piece of paper waiting for the mud, its great.

i have yet to see a white TJ top in person i think that a cool color combo and yes your dog's coat also looks like he's been mudding even though he has not. nice combo.

we just got 5 inches of new snow last nite that we will be taking the Sahara through for 1st time (for us anyways), does that count?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
How have you not put brake pads/ shoes u joints on either the axles or driveshafts. Is upstate new York really that hard on a jeep that after a year on a brand new .... Mind you it was in 06. I put a set of front brake pads a set of axle u-joints all in the first year not even 20k. Ohh and all with just DD driving and light wheeling

Now I wonder how one can wheel a rig with that many miles and only have to replace a pulley and a belt. Not calling you a liar. But elegy has your jeep held up so well and you haven't had to replace the things I haven't.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Slater451 said:
How have you not put brake pads/ shoes u joints on either the axles or driveshafts. Is upstate new York really that hard on a jeep that after a year on a brand new .... Mind you it was in 06. I put a set of front brake pads a set of axle u-joints all in the first year not even 20k. Ohh and all with just DD driving and light wheeling

Now I wonder how one can wheel a rig with that many miles and only have to replace a pulley and a belt. Not calling you a liar. But elegy has your jeep held up so well and you haven't had to replace the things I haven't.
He did say he has only owned it for 17k miles.. I'm not calling him a liar either. if you had to put new pads on at 20k, you must either, live in the city, or are one of those relentless tail gaters. Axle ujoints at 20k,,, unbelievable, but that was warranty work.. If you wheel a lot in mud or deep water that would explain that..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mar GLHS yup that counts, we hardly ever get snow here. So I havn't got to try it in that yet :(

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I do wheel mine prolly once a week, but I don't go nuts. I'm 45 years old and I take my time on stuff and don't over do it when wheeling. Mudding I go slow and not 50 mph thru it. I just have fun, and when I do wash my jeep after mudding, I wash under it really well and clean the engine compartment also. oil changes every 3k and grease my ball joints all the time. I take care of my Jeep I also live in a smaller town so prolly not as much stop and go as you. I'm not sure what the previous owner has done to the jeep for sure, but it's been awesome to me. and where I rock crawl is not liek the Rubicon trail or anything, but it has some pretty hairy stuff i have aftermarket skid plates also so I'm sure that help a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts