Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Finally finished reading the whole thread, well done... magnificent rig brother. How is the interior coming along? Been some time since your last update...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Finally finished reading the whole thread, well done... magnificent rig brother. How is the interior coming along? Been some time since your last update...

Interior will be a winter project when I put it away for the winter. I say I DD my rig but in the dead of winter I just drive my truck. Plus I am in the process of buying my business partner out so that final figure will determine if I get to do what I want as far as the interior goes or wait a little longer. As you can see the YJ can be taken in many different directions depending on what the owner wants to do. And is a very, very capable off road vehicle whether its stock, slightly modified or built all out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
How long is your rear driveshaft? I am curious as I am putting an 8.8 in mine with soa. I found a used tom woods on craigslist for $100. It has about a 16.5 to 17 running length.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Interior will be a winter project when I put it away for the winter. I say I DD my rig but in the dead of winter I just drive my truck. Plus I am in the process of buying my business partner out so that final figure will determine if I get to do what I want as far as the interior goes or wait a little longer. As you can see the YJ can be taken in many different directions depending on what the owner wants to do. And is a very, very capable off road vehicle whether its stock, slightly modified or built all out.
I have made my decision, my first Jeep will be a YJ, not even looking at any others now (except maybe harleydragon's bad boy CJ lol, wish i could afford it). How come you don't drive it in the winter? Are you trying to preserve it from the elements or are YJs not known for good heating in the cab?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am running the same sye. That would be awesome if you could measure it. I can pick up the Tom woods rear and tj front for $150. I already have the cv yoke installed on my 231.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
How long is your rear driveshaft? I am curious as I am putting an 8.8 in mine with soa. I found a used tom woods on craigslist for $100. It has about a 16.5 to 17 running length.

Measures 16.5" center to center. I am also running the adapter flange to fit the jeep shaft to the 8.8

·
Registered
5 Posts
air cleaner assembly 1988 wrangler

Where can I find a good priced air cleaner assembly? Are the used ones on ebay typically safe or am I best to stick with new?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you mount the tires yourself? How did you do the balancing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just read just about this whole thread in one sitting. Great job. Love your YJ. I have a 95 that will NEVER get there, but from where it came from I'm doing a little at a time to get it on the road at this point.

Thanks for a great thread.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts