Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following are pics of my 98 SE before and after putting on the OME Stage 1 Lift and 31's last weekend. Also added new fender flares yesterday.

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
that looks really good. any problems with the install?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problems with the install but I am having a problem with my front tires rubbing when I make a sharp turn/pulling into a parking space.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brother said that it's rubbing on the metal thing (sorry, don't know what it's called) behind the tire. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
lift & flares look great....I really like a white Jeep
....the "metal thing" appears to be your control arm :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
it's because of the stock rims. same thing happened w/me when i replaced my tires w/31's. it's the backspacing on those rims, i have the same ones on my 99 sahara.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's fun watching the Jeep grow up!!! Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would wheel spacers help prevent this or should I look into the steering stop mod as bigjeep suggested?

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Would wheel spacers help prevent this or should I look into the steering stop mod as bigjeep suggested?
wheel spacers would work...but i would bet that your rubbing could be fixed by just the spacers or washers...you can also get new wheels with less backspacing.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
for what wheel spacers would run you, sell your stock rims and pick up some black steelies with some decent backspacing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I will go with the steering stop mod for now. I purchased the alloy rims and tires used last month to replace the bald tires and steel rims that I previously had. I figured it was a cheap way to do a temporary upgrade.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts