Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2.5" AEV Lift with Geometry correction brackets. It's nuts how long it takes to make a decision on buying parts for the Jeep, options are good, but damn, there are a lot of options!

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all of the amazing posts related to lifts!

Now I need to figure out the tires and rims situation!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I just ordered a 2.5" AEV Lift with Geometry correction brackets. It's nuts how long it takes to make a decision on buying parts for the Jeep, options are good, but damn, there are a lot of options!

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all of the amazing posts related to lifts!

Good to hear, many suggestions for the latter too.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts

Holy crap! Tires and Wheels and you thought picking a lift was tough....

After going back and forth, I've decided to do the install myself. Hoping to learn a lot about my Jeep and become more self sufficient.
Good move. Invaluable experience. Go slow, tighten everything up on the ground after a nice "shake".

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I installed my lift in my driveway, took me three weekends. It's not simple, and it's not hard, it' just tiring(I'm 60), as all the work is on your back. Like Rubicon stated above, took awhile to figure out my tires, taking longer to figure out the wheels

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
After going back and forth, I've decided to do the install myself. Hoping to learn a lot about my Jeep and become more self sufficient.
I have a lot more respect for anyone who does their own work than someone who pawns it off on someone else. Good on ya. It's something that should be considered part of the experience by everyone.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Awesome! For wheel you want 1 with about 4.5" backspacing aka -12mm offset. A few of my favorites to check out would be from Fuel, their Ripper, Vector, Recoil and Summit look awesome to me. I will be going with 1 of them most likely on my wife's 2018 2 Door build by the end of the year. I was also thinking of going with the Nitto Ridge Grappler for her build, they're kinda like a hybrid mud/all-terrain tire. You chose a great lift!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts