Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a while, found a nice '16 JKUR that I want to buy. It is 300 miles away but I have a co-worker to look at it and a mechanic if necessary. It is from a major, well known dealership so not super concerned.

Anything in particular he should look for?

The Jeep looks to be just out of warranty and has a clean Carfax, any reason to consider adding warranty (Mopar or otherwise)?

My wife is coming back through there next week and can pick it up and drive it back if I make the deal today or Monday, just want to make sure I am not missing anything. Never bought a car remotely.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Rust, maintenance records. Is it stock or modded a bit or alot? If modded, what parts/manufacturer and who did the work if known?that's just off the top of my head.

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No rust I can see (and it is a UT vehicle from start of service), looks like all maint was done at dealership from the Carfax. Mostly stock, Warn winch and bumpers and a 2"(ish) lift that I cannot identify, but don't care too much, I will replace it before too long. Currently on 33" Nittos but that also will not last long.

Doesn't looked obviously wheeled hard but the friend that is going to check it out has done enough off roading to call that if he sees it. Of the few undercarriage pics I have no obvious scrapes or bent edges.

50K miles, one owner trade in.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$31k

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Try to negotiate and get them down. I paid a tad over 28k for my 16 with 11,600 on the odometer 2 years ago. Given mine is just a unlimited sport, but the miles and asking price seem a bit off. However, if it makes you happy and you're comfortable with it , go for
it!

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for this region that is actually a pretty low price. And I am totally OK with it. I just want to make sure I am not getting into any issues.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Those miles are average for that year, real decent price too.

Go look at it and test drive it. Thrn haggle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts