Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading and doing alot of research i finally decided to go with the jk. Going tomorrow to look and test drive just wondering if this is a good price?
2007 wrangler x Rescue Green Metallic talked to sales guy he said its clean underneath sent me pics and it has a clean carfax asking 15,679 it has 65,600 miles. im new to this forum so if this is in wrong place i apologize. Any thoughts also what should i look for so i dont buy a piece of crap :facepalm:. reason i picked jk is for the extra room. will be used a DD. thanks for any help in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
760 Posts
check it out

:dance:hi, i would take it to a jeep dealer and have it checked out, may cost you a few $$$ but could save you some $$$. I had a 07 jk which i sold last year
for $16,500 I think the price is a little high, however at car max they do stand behind what they sell and I think they have a 3 day return policy, check the tires
and make sure they are all the same, if not that makes it hard on the transfer case, also have them give you a carfax on the Jeep, hope all goes well for you,
the good news with older jeeps you can keep them for a few years and get
back most of ur money, have fun, keep us posted on your progress..:popcorn:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info how much did you sell yours for? and why do you think its high too many miles? ill make sure i check the tires out and of course take a long look underneath. thanks again.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
" reason i picked jk is for the extra room. "????

My 08 JK is a DD and has plenty of room for my needs.

Price is always a negotiable thing. Make sure the condition fits the price.

My own search pre-purchase found these wide categories of Jeeps:

"new--nearly new" up to 20K miles
"used" up to 50-65K miles
"well used" around 100K
"still rolling?" 150K+

Prices of the local market and such as Kelly Blue Book, Craigs List, Auto Trader & Edmunds.com gave rough notion of what the range was.

I note the absolute basic Wranglers brand new are listed in the $21k range in my area. Given the choice personally I'd stretch my budget a bit if possible and get the factory new advantages.

65K miles has a lot of service left in it....and a lot of potential financial grief.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info but thats about the limit my budget goes just bought a brand new kia sorento for the wife plus i figure i can talk them down a bit. was able to talk them down alot on the sorento. I guess what i was mainly looking for was is the price they are asking a good starting point i talked to the lady today and she said we'll figure out the price after i test drive it. any known issues with the 2007 jk x to look for? going monday for test drive and possible buy. i dont think 65000 on a 2007 is that high but then again this is my first jeep purchase keep the info coming, thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
I do not know your circumstances but if you go used you are probaly talking 4to 5 years if you finance a total of 16-17k even if you get it at 14.5to15k by the time you do tax tag title probaly gonna be close to 17k and the intrest rate will be a lot higher on a used 07 Iknow you said that was the top of your bugdet but I bet you could buy a new one at 2.8to 3.8 percent and over 5yrs it would not be that much more on monthly payment something to at least think of it worked better that way for me just my 2cent carefull what you ask for good luck and however it goes welcome to the family Joe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well heres the deal i actually have in the neighborhood around 15,000 saved up so i was looking at buying it outright so no payment. but i never thought of going new and just using that as a down payment hmmmm something to think about do i just go to jeep.com and build what i want? if they start at 21,000 then your actually looking at 25,000 after tax plates ect i guess it could be a route to look at but can somebody at least answer the question is 65,000 miles on a 2007x to many if they are asking 15,000??? thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
since you can drive a stick you should buy a new one. i checked a dealer's site near me and they have a 2 door/stick/softop ranging from 22k-24 list price. put down 5-10k or whatever you feel comfortable with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts