Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been camping at a little state park just outside of Charleston, WV where I work. I've also been working, so I've been getting up and leaving the park at around 7:00 in the morning.

Last night there were very hard rains, and a little bit of wind. On the way out of the park, there was a tree about a foot in diameter at the base that was down and completely blocking the road out of the park.

I dug into my recovery bag and pulled out my tow strap and a couple of shackles, hooked it to the tree and to one of recovery points on my front bumper and pulled the tree off the road.

Not exactly why I bought the recovery gear, but I'm sure glad I had it!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live and work in charleston also. There were some crazy storms last night for sure
Wow. Small world.

I was in Kanawha State Forest last night. It wasn't perfect camping weather, but at least my tent is pretty waterproof.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Funny. I grew up there, and my family is still there.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I was at Rausch Creek a couple weeks ago and got high centered on a hill. I was actually stoked at the idea of winching myself off it and was scoping out the trees up ahead of me deciding which one to use.

I turned on the rear locker and worked the front wheels enough to get traction and drive myself off though.

I was actually a little disappointed. :D

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Lol. Good times for sure. I remember the first time I used my winch. It was on my 99TJ. Ice storm, Hyundai Genesis coupe shouldn't have been out in it...and really shouldn't have been trying to turn going more than 10mph. She was high centered on a curb, just a spinning her tires. (The smell of burning rubber in the morning, is there anything better?).

Anyway, after her brother in laws brilliant attempt. (Pushing her off the curb with his 2WD Tundra.) thankfully he wasn't able to get enough traction to damage both of their plastic bumpers.

I started with the winch, but it was pulling the jeep, so I hopped in and put it in 4Hi and reverse. She was able to drive it home. They were thankful, little did they know I was excited as all get out to use my winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More crazy storms right now actually. Stay safe in the Kanawha Forest
Yeah, last night was rough. I'm back home tonight, but there were some pretty good storms throughout last night, and being in a tent, I was just hoping a tree wouldn't fall on me!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts