Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week we went to Hidden Falls Adventure Park and had a great day jeeping the trails. That was not the problem, the problem was getting there and getting back home. We were pulling a small teardrop trailer that weights about 1000 lbs. The jeep spent a lot of time downshifting and at one point went all the way to 2nd gear while doing 65 mph in cruise control. So, seeing as we have a sizable trip going from Houston TX to Virginia and back next month, I decided to remove the 3.21 gears and install G2 4.11 gears, reset the computer and go from there. We are running 31.5" tires with an automatic. I believe this will be an answer to our trailer issue. Down the road, we will install 33.3" tires and that should be fine for daily driving and trailing. But when we are trailering, we will go back to the 31.5" tires for a better pulling gear. We are still stock except for we leveled it with 1.5" spacers in the front. That made a huge difference. We will put a 2.5" lift in it in a few months when it cools down, too hot here to mess with it right now. End of update.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Final update to the upgrading

Last Saturday, we went back to Hidden Falls to see how the upgrades worked. We should have picked a day where it was not raining, all the mud made it nearly impossible to rock climb and it was actually quite dangerous in several places.

I found several places we had to get out and verify a clean path of attack and three of those times I slipped on the muddy rocks and busted my arse and slid down various hill sides. I am sore but still functional.

I found some Rubicon Springs and shocks from 2017 with 670 miles and put those on the jeep. I also found the MT tires and Rubicon wheels and put those on the jeep. All in all, I say we have a very substantial vehicle and at this time, the only mod I can think of doing is adding a CB radio. So lets see how this guy will hold up for a while.

Thanks everyone for posting, I may not reply to everything I read but I take everything I read and see if it will in some way apply to our equipment. See you on the trail.
WrongWayRex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts