Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a place to keep my fire extinguisher out of the way, yet handy to get to in case of emergancy. I have the H3R Maxout extinguisher, on the Drake Mount. I centered the mount, drilled 2 holes and used some bolts and nutserts I had laying around. You can get them from your local hardware store. I pushed them into the plastic from the back and then tightened the bolts down. The nutserts have barbs on them that will grip into the plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I like that location, its an unused space, yet is readily accessible. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I wanted it out of the way, yet close by and easily accessible.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Mission accomplished, its hard to tell from the photos think there will be any interference with the top? you running soft top or hard?

Looks like there should be enough room

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mission accomplished, its hard to tell from the photos think there will be any interference with the top? you running soft top or hard? Looks like there should be enough room
Softtop. I don't foresee any issues, it will be a couple days but when I can, I'll take more pictures with the top up. It's a quick disconnect mount so the only potential interference I can think of would be the freedom top lock handle but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Ok cool, thats the exact thing I was wondering about haha, that little lock handle is tucked pretty far back in, Still might not be a big deal for me tho, i only run the HT in the winter and dont take the panels off then. Worst case just pull the extinguisher out then take the panels off and back together.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Another nice and inexpensive option is putting next to the front seats. I got some double sided velcro strap from Home Depot, fished 2 pieces around the lower seat frame and strap a 2.5lb extinguisher to the outside of the seats on both driver and passenger sides. No interference from the full doors or the seat slide, stays completely secure and is easy to get to.

Just make sure to leave the strap a bit long so that you can roll it into a "knob" of sorts. Makes finding the end a lot easier if you need to use it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have the same mount but have not mounted it yet. The mount seems like it rattles quite a bit but I do not have an extinguisher loaded in it either. Does it rattle a lot when your driving or is that not a problem, thinking a rattle like that right next to my ear would drive me nuts.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the same mount but have not mounted it yet. The mount seems like it rattles quite a bit but I do not have an extinguisher loaded in it either. Does it rattle a lot when your driving or is that not a problem, thinking a rattle like that right next to my ear would drive me nuts.
That may be a concern, I haven't had the opportunity to go out and drive it yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts