Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today my Jeep decided to hate me and start a small fire. Stupid wiring! Long story short the guy that owned the jeep before me BUTCHERED the wiring in the ol' girl and well now its done. Just wondering if anyone had any input on where a good place to get a whole new wiring harness would be (1987 Wrangler). At this point after seeing all the cut wires and fire hazards waiting to happen I think this will be easier and faster then trying to just rewire certain parts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Uh oh, sounds like what I've done with my jeep...haha I sure hope that doesn't happen with mine, I've done tons of stuff with my electrical system too much to try to list, but I have every last thing in there fused at some point or another. But i have done more than my fair share of twisting wires and electrical tape

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
But i have done more than my fair share of twisting wires and electrical tape
A couple years ago I found that my Jeep's P.O. had hot-glued some wires after twisting them together, how lazy can you get to not even add electrical tape lol?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just lucky it happened when it did, i'm currently in the process of starting a rebuild. And by butchered I'm meaning like random wires tapped into others just dangling there no tape, no attempt of covering them. So some shorting went on and well now the jeep is for sure being rebuilt since it wont run anymore haha.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was trying to figure out if a cj kit would work for my yj. I was looking on the painless site, and there was a bunch of things in the yj kit that I didn't need and the cj kit looked more like what I would need. Also it was half the price haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts