1 - 20 of 1563 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
copied from another forum
Subject: Guns
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

John Steinbeck issued a warning that all should remember:
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an a$$ kickin'.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Amen, brother! And yeah, I am too old to take an ass kickin' I didn't earn!

·
Registered
933 Posts
"I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love."

i like that one

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Very nice. I have a new .45 thats just begging to be used.

I really need to get to a range :(

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I totally should have made a potato launcher for my "catapult" engineering project but didnt know i could use flammable stuff.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I totally should have made a potato launcher for my "catapult" engineering project but didnt know i could use flammable stuff.
:eek: I totally forgot about my potato gun at my parents house!!!

If my dad didn't throw it out, I'll get a picture and post it when I get back from Canada.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I know there's a good amount of us Jeepers that are in to guns as well. Hell, one of the main reasons I own a Jeep is so I can get back to some of my hunting and shooting spots. Figured we could have a thread about our other toys. So post up some pics, talk about your spots, link some hot deals, talk about training, gear, your cousin that shot his big toe off while resting a 30-06 barrel on his boot (yup, got me one of those lol). Anything gun related. Just keep take the anti-talk elsewhere. I'm no tree hugger either.....unless I'm about to fall off my stand. :whistling:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I carry a Springfield "Loaded" 1911

My wife carries a Desert Eagle 1911 (yes, they make one, and it rocks!)

My Duty side arm was a Glock 20 and is now retired to Defending the homestead and blasting occasional ventilation in paper evil-doers.

Winchester 1300 if'n I gotta correct someones attitude before I've had enough coffee to aim.

Spriengfiled "Loaded" M1A if I see em coming a day in advance.

Contemplating somthing on a AR format if I ever get money that needs to be blown on something other than my JEEP.

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
I have a Glock 26 that will be my conceal-carry weapon in a few months when I turn 21. A Ruger 10-22 that is too much fun to shoot. And my most recent purchase, a Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge. Heading out to the desert with friends for some shooting on Friday.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I carry a Ruger Sp101. Sorry no pic right now. Its a great revolver and I put a hougue grip on it that improves aim. It eats .357 and .38 . I like to carry it with .38 unless Im in wooded areas which get the .357. I use it for home protection as well, because i can be armed and loaded in about 4 seconds.
A Jeep owner shopping at the mall with a concealed Ruger.... Gives a new kind of respect to the term "mall-crawler".

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a few. Too lazy to post all the pics.

Wish prices would go back to 1995. I miss the 7.62 battlepacks for $25.

1 - 20 of 1563 Posts