Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1563 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love the 9mm for plinking.
But when we get off the tarmac, I take the 10mm. The Banshee works well, and I usually carry a 10mm pistol as well. Either the Glock 29 or 1 of my Dan Wessons.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Surprisingly, the description on the website states it's a smoothbore. Whoda thunk? The website also claims it's highly accurate.
I'd prefer to have a rifled bore, a detachable stock and a vertical foregrip, so that model wouldn't work for me. A 50 round drum would be a handy item too.
As a curiosity, it'd be cool, but the doggone things weigh a ton. I don't see any "Tommy Gun" as being practical, but how practical is a 34 Year old Wrangler. We do much of this as a recreation rather than for any practical reasons.
45ACP is my preferred pistol round with 9MM a close second. If I were to carry a pistol cartridge carbine, I'd go with a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9MM. Maybe that's where I'll spend some of my stimulus check.

Good Luck, L.M
Could be the "smooth" part of the barrel description is referring to the barrel contour (no comp, no heatsink rings)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
Could be the "smooth" part of the barrel description is referring to the barrel contour (no comp, no heatsink rings)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Now that you bring it up as you have, I'm sure you're correct. Comparing the Auto Ordnance 1927A-1 to the tanker model, it seems pretty obvious.
A smoothbore carbine just didn't make sense.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is temporary - a bit like "Freedom Week" when we could buy standard capacity mags for about a week. What will happen is that within a few days Becerra will file for an appeal, which then puts the injunction on hold until a ruling by the 9th circuit. So if you've got the cash and you can find the supply, a lot of online ammo sellers will be opening up their business (and prioritizing orders) for Californians tomorrow! I assume that P2P sales of ammo will also be legal now for a short time (no FFL, no background check required). Thank you Judge Benitez!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah I know it’s probably short-lived but it’s a step in the right direction. My local gun shop Should be very busy tomorrow. Unfortunately I’m working so I won’t be able to get there before the doors close. Dammit Jim!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yea, it is very encouraging! I watched the livestream of the recent 9th circuit appeals hearing of Benitez's last injunction regarding standard capacity magazines. It was fascinating and VERY encouraging that a randomly selected 3-judge panel had 1 Trump appointee, 1 Bush (GW) appointee and 1 Clinton appointee from Texas. The tides are turning!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yup encouraging indeed. I recently purchased a pistol in December and a boom stick in March. Pass the background check and took possession of the firearms. When I went to purchase ammo my background check was denied! WTF!! I love California but the politics in the state are killing me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yup encouraging indeed. I recently purchased a pistol in December and a boom stick in March. Pass the background check and took possession of the firearms. When I went to purchase ammo my background check was denied! WTF!! I love California but the politics in the state are killing me.
ridiculous. Good luck getting that squared away! It’s just another attempt to keep firearms from law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Right? Believe it or not I was so pissed I emailed the department of justice just for the heck of it. Got a call back, believe it or not, a week ago, gave them all my information but the representative couldn’t figure out why. Go figure. Sent her some documentation and now waiting for a callback. Hopefully I won’t need one. A call back I mean. I was shocked they even responded. Must’ve been a slow day at the DOJ.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
When I went to purchase ammo my background check was denied! WTF!! I love California but the politics in the state are killing me.
And apparently your not the only one that thinks it’s unconstitutional. San Diego District Judge tosses the law out:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ca gun laws are 1 of the main reasons why I left the state.

In 1983, I was arrested, but less than 1 week later charges were DROPPED. I was approved for several purchases, but after SANDYHOOK, I started getting denied. I found out that CA DOJ had not processed that charges were dropped and to this day, I am being shown as UNRESOLVED.
Under Ca law, that prevents me from purchase. I have jumped through all the hoops with the paperwork trying to get my record fixed, but there apparently are no statutes that demand them to fix it in a set amount of time.
When I applied for my CCW in Nevada, the lady called me from the Office of Public Safety. We talked and she could tell that this was FUBAR. I asked the Ca DA for a statement that there were no charges, and after she got it, she issued me my CCW.

CA ... a nice place to visit, but I don't want to live there.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
CA ... a nice place to visit, but I don't want to live there.
One of the states I will never step foot in ever again and most of the others I feel the same about are in the Northeast. It's a shame for those who live there but you have to realize it is a choice. Sometimes if you can't change your situation you need to change your surroundings.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yep I hear you there, I’m eyeball-in Arizona already. I’m ready to retire right now but I am going to hang out for a while longer and torture my bosses.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yep That didn’t take long...they already blocked the ammo background check mate in California. Too bad my politicians don’t work This fast in normal day-to-day operations?

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Yep That didn’t take long...they already blocked the ammo background check mate in California. Too bad my politicians don’t work This fast in normal day-to-day operations?
So there's no misunderstanding this blockage was not instigated by any politicians. It was blocked by representatives of the NRA.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Aargh! It’s all so stupid, beyond frustrating. Are you saying representatives of the NRA agreed with Attorney General Bacerra?

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Aargh! It’s all so stupid, beyond frustrating. Are you saying representatives of the NRA agreed with Attorney General Bacerra?
????? The unconstitutional background checks have been blocked by the actions of the representatives of the NRA and no CA politician participated in any possible way.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My bad, I was reading that the wrong way. Now I understand. I guess I’ll have to wait it out for the courts to hash through all the bull.

1521 - 1540 of 1563 Posts