Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still contemplating on color for my new JKUW. Red has really grown on me. Many positive comments on Flame Red, but couldn't find many comments on Firecracker Red. Differences?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been planning a new JK since 2007 when I decided 2-dr was better for me than the Unlimited I purchased. I knew it would be red or yellow. Flame Red's ill timing (and the TJ I bought as a stop-gap) notwithstanding, Detonator Yellow wasn't quite the right shade for me. Rock Lobster looked pastel pink at some angles, Firecracker isn't for me, and the yellow I was looking for finally arrived. They made the decision easy for me. All this is to say that I preferred Flame Red over more recent variants, if you can still find one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love to see a side by side pic. If anyone knows if that exists on this forum and can point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Love my Flame Red.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I Love my FireCracker Red Willys!!
jeep first day.jpg

Here's one more :)
jeep doors off top on.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very sharp Willy's TexanJK. I was able to see the difference in person at the dealership this morning. Firecracker Red is a little lighter, but also brighter in my opinion, which is what I'm looking for. I was also contemplating sunset orange, but after seeing it on the lot this morning, that is no longer an option. They also had a copper brown, actually didn't look too bad, nice color with the metallic in the paint. There is definitely no pearl in the sunset orange like the color states.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've always loved red Jeeps. I tend to like it a bit deeper than what I have....Firecracker Red matches my foul weather gear!

Love it better than any other 2015 color choice, by far!

image-3201546984.jpg

Firecracker Red

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
what i like about Flame Red is that it more resembles Fire Engine Red and still appears red in bright sun. Firecracker Red can sometimes look orange.

i went with Firecracker Red since it was the closest to Flame Red that Jeep offers.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
what i like about Flame Red is that it more resembles Fire Engine Red and still appears red in bright sun. Firecracker Red can sometimes look orange.

i went with Firecracker Red since it was the closest to Flame Red that Jeep offers.
Yeah. When the sun hits mine and if it's clean (yeah right) it's a real attention grabber. Bright bright

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like Flame red better. Firecracker red looks more orange to me.
I agree the Firecracker looks a little orange. My vote is for the Firecracker.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Firecracker read is an awesome color. Has a bit of an orange tint to the red. Soon as I saw it I bought it lol. However, its on the trading block waiting for my Hyper Green to arrive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts