Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the easiest way to run a wire or two from the front passenger foot area to the battery?

13 2 door sport

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
IIRC there should be a hole in the firewall near the steering column that you can push your wires through; no drilling.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIRC there should be a hole in the firewall near the steering column that you can push your wires through; no drilling.
Thank you, I will look. I wish there were one on each side, driver and passenger.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Thank you, I will look. I wish there were one on each side, driver and passenger.
Their is. Open either door and remove the side panel on the dash. If the door is closed its right up against it. Use a little screw screwdriver and pop the panel out. You should see a small stryofoam plug. You can push a screwdriver or a solid wire right through.
Their is one on each side. under the hood its right under the cowling.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their is. Open either door and remove the side panel on the dash. If the door is closed its right up against it. Use a little screw screwdriver and pop the panel out. You should see a small stryofoam plug. You can push a screwdriver or a solid wire right through. Their is one on each side. under the hood its right under the cowling.
That's awesome! I am going to look. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a black foam plug with an X cut in it about halfway down the firewall. i pushed a coat hanger through it and it came out up under the dash to the far left.
What is the huge ball of expanding foam for on the other side of the hole behind the side panel? It's under the cowl.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If the '13 is the same as the '08, remove the passenger side dash side panel and there is about a 1" hole filled with foam insulation facing the engine compartment. Coat hanger through that and it will get you to inside the passenger side front fender right near the battery. I drilled a hole from the engine compartment to this area, pretty easy!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pull the insulation back from the firewall behind the battery. There should be a hole covered with tape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts