Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I hate to do so, I've come to the conclusion that the factory Recon step isn't going to cut it for my old body, especially once it is​ lifted.

I'm ruling out the Amp Research step right now because I want a bit more armor. I really like the looks of the Rockslide unit and wonder if anyone on here as first-hand experience with it.

I don't mind being the first, but that is a chunk of money to lay out blindly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got them and love them. Just make sure you seal between the top edge and the body. Pebbles get stuck in there.
When I get home in a few weeks I plan on "glueing" the top edge with either a urethane adhesive or some PRC fuel tank sealant. I've noticed mine will pull the rivnuts out just a bit opening the gap up because of the thin sheetmetal.
Hope this helps..

·
Registered
660 Posts
As much as I hate to do so, I've come to the conclusion that the factory Recon step isn't going to cut it for my old body, especially once it is​ lifted.

I'm ruling out the Amp Research step right now because I want a bit more armor. I really like the looks of the Rockslide unit and wonder if anyone on here as first-hand experience with it.

I don't mind being the first, but that is a chunk of money to lay out blindly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

im getting ready to pull the trigger this weekend.. 10% off over the weekend. I saw a set of these on a jeep at 4Wheel Drive a few months back and been drooling since. They are built extremely well, very tough and they WORK!.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im getting ready to pull the trigger this weekend.. 10% off over the weekend. I saw a set of these on a jeep at 4Wheel Drive a few months back and been drooling since. They are built extremely well, very tough and they WORK!.
Saw the 10% off sale. What scares me is the shipping. $205 to ship it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There heavy... more than likely will ship by truck.. The 10% off this week will basically pay the shipping.. My finger trigger couldn't hold off any longer. Ordered,,, i went with the body armor as well.

I've seen these installed and this helps.. The quality of these are top notch, they are made to take a beating.. and they look great..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Contact Northridge 4x4. They might beat the price and shipping. They did on a few other items I just bought. Just checked their site and said free shipping..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts