Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
First time jeep build, and jeep for me here. Just picked up a 95 2.5l YJ a couple nights ago and just got her registered!

Looking to make this a semi daily/ weekend warrior!

Frame has surface rust but found no weak spots yet, suspension is SHOT, floor pan driver side is rusted through, gas tank skid plate is shot!

Got a 2.5 inch rough country lift on the way, new floor pan and skid plate too!

Gonna keep you guys updated because it will be my first time doing body work all around but I'm bey handy.

Thanks in advance for any tips and hope you guys enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a couple days of cutting and grinding it's finally done! My lift kit is on!

Rough country 2.5 inch lift

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I've got a 95 as well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice lift, what kinda rims? what brand tires and size?
Thanks brotha! Rough country 2.5, cheap and easy for me since my stock suspension was shot.
Tires are cooper discover, nearly done with their life but they are 31x10.5 r15!! thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So today I went back at it again and decided it was time to fix the holes that were all over the place!!

Some pictures of before and after! Still need to finish passenger side and then rhino line it!

RAN INTO TROUBLE! My rear shackle is more rusted thn I thought so it may cause me to pull the body and do the frame sooner than I thought but for now I will be fine.

So I ended up dropping my gas tank for a fuel pump because I was experiencing some bogging when accelerating and had bought a gas tank skid plate so I swapped them!
The skid plate was for a early model yj but it fit PERFECTLY! so for half the price and minus the heat sheild i got myself a skid plate!

ALSO found out that my brakes were spongy because of my rear brake lines being rusted to crap! My drums need to be replaced, wheel cylinders, shoes, and hardware are all in my possession but for now no rear brakes... no bueno!
I DO NOT have pictures of the shackle and cross frame piece but I will soon!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts