Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! New guy here from Long Island, NY.

Just got into a left over 13' Rubicon 2DR last week, traded in from a 2012 KIA Optima SX. Loved the car but having the Jeep is just so much better for me. Love the beach, going on adventures basically all the stuff you cant do with a lowered sedan (although i do miss the turbo and the handling from time to time)

Selling some old parts from the car so I'm wondering what I should do for my first mods, I'm adding onboard air compressor set up because I will be at the beach very often so it just makes sense to have but other then that I'm not sure what to get.

Recommendations for aftermarket brands / websites / dealers etc would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Sean

Below is my Optima, tinted windshield, deleted wipers, lowered on coilovers, intake, bov, 3" turboback exhaust, woodfloor trunk, cleaned very meticulously. When I traded it in the salesperson couldn't believe the car was 2 years old.

And my new Jeep! at least I wont care about it being spotless, ready for many years of getting it filthy and plenty of mods!

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Congrat's, I did something similar came from a '09 SRT8 Charger (lowered on eibach suspension) as well, obviously a completely different animal from the jeeps but I was still impressed with the power from the 3.6 and reasonably good handling and having driven my Chargers for the last 5 years in the winters with the amount of snow we've had this year so far I think I would have been in trouble without the Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
Nice car, quite a change to the Jeep. But I think I like the Jeep a lot better! LOL! I don't have onboard air but I know some folks will be along with some recommendations. I think Viair does a good onboard system? I just have a portable compressor.

PS If you lower the Jeep, put it on big shiney wheels like the Optima or even consider giving it a wood trunk - your posting on this forum is automatically revoked and you must surrender your man card as well. JUST KIDDING! It is your Jeep, make it how you love it regardless what I or anyone else says. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice car, quite a change to the Jeep. But I think I like the Jeep a lot better! LOL! I don't have onboard air but I know some folks will be along with some recommendations. I think Viair does a good onboard system? I just have a portable compressor.

PS If you lower the Jeep, put it on big shiney wheels like the Optima or even consider giving it a wood trunk - your posting on this forum is automatically revoked and you must surrender your man card as well. JUST KIDDING! It is your Jeep, make it how you love it regardless what I or anyone else says. Welcome aboard!
Absolutely not, I would hope you would take my man card away for doing something like that. I intend to build this up for its purpose and to push it to its max or my comfort level (whichever comes first hah). I drove my Optima like it was a sports car and pushed it to its limit often. I'm ready a different, slower kind of fun though. I'll google Viair though and see what they offer, thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrat's, I did something similar came from a '09 SRT8 Charger (lowered on eibach suspension) as well, obviously a completely different animal from the jeeps but I was still impressed with the power from the 3.6 and reasonably good handling and having driven my Chargers for the last 5 years in the winters with the amount of snow we've had this year so far I think I would have been in trouble without the Jeep.
Yeah, tell me about it too much snow lately I'm done either driving slowly through it fighting for traction or just staying home all together. The weather and the beaches it just makes sense here to have something that can do that and I'm a few hour drive from some good trails in PA and upstate NY when I'm ready for a change of scenery.

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
Absolutely not, I would hope you would take my man card away for doing something like that. I intend to build this up for its purpose and to push it to its max or my comfort level (whichever comes first hah). I drove my Optima like it was a sports car and pushed it to its limit often. I'm ready a different, slower kind of fun though. I'll google Viair though and see what they offer, thank you!
Guarantee you will reach your comfort (ie "sheer pucker") level LONG LONG LONG before the Jeep reaches its maximum capabilities.:happyyes:

I came from a series of let's just say more than a few Mustangs. Ironically I did not do a single mod to any of my ponies, but I feel a much different attachment to my Wrangler that I want to give it what it wants. I absolutely love the fact I can now go over speed bumps and not have to worry about my underside or front spoiler getting hung up.:lmao:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Prodigy Performance has been working on a turbo kit for the 2012+ Wrangler, so you don't have to miss the turbo if you don't want to :)

No windshield wipers on that car? What do you do when it rains (or snows)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guarantee you will reach your comfort (ie "sheer pucker") level LONG LONG LONG before the Jeep reaches its maximum capabilities.:happyyes:

I came from a series of let's just say more than a few Mustangs. Ironically I did not do a single mod to any of my ponies, but I feel a much different attachment to my Wrangler that I want to give it what it wants. I absolutely love the fact I can now go over speed bumps and not have to worry about my underside or front spoiler getting hung up.:lmao:
Oh god speedbumps, those used to haunt me :pullinghair:

I'm already so impressed by how it does in just snow and sand i took it right to the beach within hours of rolling off the showroom floor!

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
What is up with these pictures that all the CAR pictures are taken at gas stations and the brick-on-wheels-gas-thirsty Wranglers are pictured out in some natural element of beauty? LOL!!!!

Now here is a proper Wrangler picture at its favorite home away from home while having an afternoon snack.:lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prodigy Performance has been working on a turbo kit for the 2012+ Wrangler, so you don't have to miss the turbo if you don't want to :)

No windshield wipers on that car? What do you do when it rains (or snows)?
RAIN-X does wonders, especially when its done properly unlike the carwash that just sprays it on and then immediately rinses it off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is up with these pictures that all the CAR pictures are taken at gas stations and the brick-on-wheels-gas-thirsty Wranglers are pictured out in some natural element of beauty? LOL!!!!

Now here is a proper Wrangler picture at its favorite home away from home while having an afternoon snack.:lmao::lmao:
I've noticed, its cheaper to fill this than my optima though (took premium). And its only 4 MPGS better than my average fuel economy so I can't complain!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice Jeep. I am also new and am very curious about an on board air compressor, as I am primarily going to off road in sand. I cannot imagine installing one myself. two questions: What type of compressor (vendor, on board, or stand alone?) and who/where would someone install it for me in MA? TIA.

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
Nice Jeep. I am also new and am very curious about an on board air compressor, as I am primarily going to off road in sand. I cannot imagine installing one myself. two questions: What type of compressor (vendor, on board, or stand alone?) and who/where would someone install it for me in MA? TIA.
Welcome to the forum! Any offroad/4x4 shop should be able to install an onboard. Or a neighbor Jeeper who is good with wrenching. On recommendations from this board I went with an MV50 standalone. I was told to avoid compressors that run out of the cigarette lighter. The MV50 hooks to the battery. It was only like $60-70ish and you can buy it at auto places like OReillys etc.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I went from a 2011 WRX to a 2011 Wrangler and havent looked back!

Congrats on the new Jeep!
I did the same, went from a 2011 WRX to the 2014 JKRX, was sick of dealing with potholes, speedbumps, sloped parking lot entrances, horrible stereo, undefeatable Hill-Start Assist, paint, etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts