Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumb:Alright, so I just bought my first Jeep, I have a few questions. I bought a 99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 5spd, 4.88 gears, a 2" suspension lift and a 1" body lift, it has ARB air locking differentals front and rear, an ARB air pump and tube fenders. I have already caught the whole "I need that part" bug. So the first thing is what size tires would fit on this so I can drive on the highway at faster than 62mph. I was thinking either 33's or 35's. Let me know your thoughts. Also my 4wd indicator is not working and I did not get an owners manual, is it just a fuse? Here are some pictures of how I picked it up from the dealer.

The oil on the road is not from my jeep.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
there is a switch on the transfer case that lights up the 4wd light...a lot of talk is they go bad regularly, cheap to buy, easy to get to and easy to swap, or it could be the bulb.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for the help, I will check that out at work tomorrow, I am so happy the pool buisness is slow in the winter

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
its got a plug going to it, up top somewhere, I read about it on here....but cant remember the exact info on it. search "4wd light" and you'll find a bunch of talks about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I found a set of 35's would I be able to squeeze them in there or if not what all would I have to do to make them fit?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
So I found a set of 35's would I be able to squeeze them in there or if not what all would I have to do to make them fit?
Measure the diameter with a measuring tape. For instance, a buddy of mine had some 35" Swampers that were worn down to 50%. They measured 33 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts