Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas,

I've been searching around for a Jeep for almost a month and a half now. Found a few but want to get some owners input.

Im looking for a '11-'12 with fewer than 10k miles. Model wise I'd like to get a Sahara with all the bells and whistles or a well equipped sport, obviously for cheaper. Getting a Rubicon isnt necessary for me because I live in LA and wont be rock crawling. I plan on off roading here and there but not a ton. Ive heard that the '12+ 3.6 is a lot better than the '11- 3.8, any input on that?

As of now I have my eyes on a '12 Sport, 13k Miles, Auto, w/ hard top for $21.5k....Good deal? Any input or any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking at some new ones I found a Deep Cherry '12 Sport Freedom Edition with almost every package but Navi, and a Silver '12 Sahara. Both are listed at 26k but Im going to try and work on getting them down plus use my military discount which is an additional $500 off

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whole point in wanting a Jeep is to eliminate a car payment and lower my insurance payment. I have a '08 Audi S4 that I am trying to sell, then pay off my loan, and pay cash for a Jeep

·
Registered
229 Posts
Have you looked up the 2013 pricing spreadsheet at the top of this forum? Start there and work your way through to see what you could get a brand new 2013 for. You should be able to do considerably better on any remaining new 2012 stock dealers may have left on the lot.

Many people here are reporting getting their Jeeps - all models for 3-4% under dealer cost. Some do even better and these are on 2013's.

As for the 11 versus 12 - Go with the 12. The engine is better, unless it ticks and it has the same interior as the 11. Like others have said, though, shop around, do the research and you might just end up with a stellar deal on a 2013 for a price better than you realize.

Good luck!

·
Registered
421 Posts
After looking at some new ones I found a Deep Cherry '12 Sport Freedom Edition with almost every package but Navi, and a Silver '12 Sahara. Both are listed at 26k but Im going to try and work on getting them down plus use my military discount which is an additional $500 off

New or Used? How many miles?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts