Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove a dealership's 2013 Sahara Unlimited this morning to see if it's love or just lust. Well, it's love for sure! I could have pulled the trigger on it except for two things - well, maybe three: Looking at what the Sahara offers over a nicely spec'd Sport, a Sport may be the way to go for the $$$. Also, I'm real curious about the Commando and Rock Lobster colors coming out but not yet on the lot. Finally, it seems all I see is 3.21 offered. I'm really thinking 3.73 is the way to go for load pulling up TN hills and future tire/suspension mods. Guess i've got a bit more homework to do. Not too much longer before I say adios to the Tacoma!

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Someone has been bitten by the bug. LOL

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Drove a dealership's 2013 Sahara Unlimited this morning to see if it's love or just lust. Well, it's love for sure! I could have pulled the trigger on it except for two things - well, maybe three: Looking at what the Sahara offers over a nicely spec'd Sport, a Sport may be the way to go for the $$$. Also, I'm real curious about the Commando and Rock Lobster colors coming out but not yet on the lot. Finally, it seems all I see is 3.21 offered. I'm really thinking 3.73 is the way to go for load pulling up TN hills and future tire/suspension mods. Guess i've got a bit more homework to do. Not too much longer before I say adios to the Tacoma!
Awesome.

3.73, definitely. I will recommend the lowest possible gear (4.10 for Rubi, 3.73 for all others) till I turn blue. Your mileage savings going with a higher gear will be minimal, at best, and if you even THINK you'll tow, or add larger tires someday, you'll save yourself about $1500 for the regearing cost.

What's a Tacoma? :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
PhotoWrangler said:
The OP definitely has more patience than I did. I didn't even take the time to research, I bought the first one I could afford.
Ha me too. Still best decision I ever made

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
One of the toughest calls to make is the Sport S vs Sahara/Rubi question.

Really depends on what you want and what you plan on doing.

If you have hills...or plan on doing mods...get the 3.73's.

Oh...and there should be plenty of Commando Jeeps on the lots by now.

Keep looking and DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Same with me two months ago, I traded in my chevy 1500 crew cab for my 2013 jku sport s. I actually ordered mine from the factory with 373's, they didn't have on the lot what I wanted. The wait was painful but totally worth it.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Agreed went from 2011 5.0 mustang to the sport jku man what a change. From racing every one at every stop light going through $80 in gas a week to not racing anyone an still $80 in gas a week. But could my mustang go in a puddle? Nope :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I asked the dealer to do a search for the Sport with the auto, 3.73's and factory limited slip differential that I wanted. He found the color and all my options 103 miles away and traded one of his JKs for it.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Agreed went from 2011 5.0 mustang to the sport jku man what a change. From racing every one at every stop light going through $80 in gas a week to not racing anyone an still $80 in gas a week. But could my mustang go in a puddle? Nope :)
:rofl:

And you can drive over em, if you get pissed. Not saying you should, but it's nice to have the option.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
kbwwolf said:
:rofl:

And you can drive over em, if you get pissed. Not saying you should, but it's nice to have the option.
Thanks for clearing that up I always thought that some puddles could be black holes or 50ft deep wells.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up I always thought that some puddles could be black holes or 50ft deep wells.
No man, I'm talking about the Mustangs. You can drive over the Mustangs! Wasn't even thinking about puddles...

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
He is anti-American. LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts